Mis identfication...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

Interesting mixed bag on our partridge day today ... what is the form when accidental species join the bag? I assumed that the offenders should be asked to sit out the rest of the day but seemingly not!

ha, someone shot a hen pheasant I assume. Last partridge day I was on it was a fifty quid fine but nobody needed to cough up

Interesting mixed bag on our partridge day today ... what is the form when accidental species join the bag? I assumed that the offenders should be asked to sit out the rest of the day but seemingly not!
Wait until you have a 'cocks only' partridge day,  then the fun will start  !

ha, someone shot a hen pheasant I assume. Last partridge day I was on it was a fifty quid fine but nobody needed to cough up
Amongst others...

Wait until you have a 'cocks only' partridge day,  then the fun will start  !
Jeez! It's hard enough picking the greys out, let alone Hen vs Cock!

what was the accidental species?
Let's just say one of the guns hadn't shot partridge before.. Tremendous left and  right at magpie though!

magpie is historically easy to confuse with partridge. The plumage being so very similar..... Not ?

I was delighted to see these shot, very much on the agenda.  Some of the others were a little less welcome!
Ah yes, BUT where they shot with an O/U  ?  Cos we know how much easier that would have been !

Of course not! There are SOME standards..  You are right though, OU are much easier to shoot, it's pretty much like cheating!
I know exactly what you mean. It does give one such a feeling of superiority being able to shoot stuff using such a gun !      :rolleyes:

I know exactly what you mean. It does give one such a feeling of superiority being able to shoot stuff using such a gun !      :rolleyes:
I would say more a sense of doing the right thing, being in keeping with tradition and belonging, although I agree that the ou oiks do suffer an over bearing inferiority complex... probably similar to users of electric bicycles rather than pedalling.

Nice to chat with a like minded individual..

The old Norfolk saying " if it fly's it dies"  works on most shoots I go on.
I went wildfowling in Norfolk once ... *Bang!* 'right boy, let's go and see what we've got there'

Latest posts

Back