midland game fair

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must agree with you there Fuz you know exactly where you are at 4c's
If Mr Jones or Smith win at 4c's and they leave before the end is there still a time limit to collect there winings, and if yes what happens to the money if they cant get back in time.

If Mr Jones or Smith win at 4c's and they leave before the end is there still a time limit to collect there their winnings, and if yes what happens to the money if they cant get back in time.
This has been covered before Jim on another thread. Have a seach and you'll find it. Needless to say it goes on a bit :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If Mr Jones or Smith win at 4c's and they leave before the end is there still a time limit to collect there winings, and if yes what happens to the money if they cant get back in time.
3(yawn) months (yawn)

If you can't get there (yawn) ring sue(yawn),get friend (if you have any) to collect it(big yawn)

Popcorn pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I think they divide it up amongst the shooters who don't keep moaning about picking their winnings up..!

What about this little nugget I found out about today then boys and girls. I wasnt going to winge on about the game fair, and being as old as a conker tree now, I should have known better than to go and shoot it in the first place. But being local and having a free pass I thought, have a couple of goes, get in the final, and win a truck easy peasy. Anyway half way through my second card shooting like a tit I thought to myself f--k this for a game of conkers I`m going home to mum. Picked up all my toys and went. Spoke to a good mate today who went and he tells me the payout for the shoot on both days was based on the number of cards returned to the scorers in the entry tent. Not the cards that were bought on the day. So wtf is that all about then. Both my cards went in the bin for a start. A well known shot from `up north` had 22 cards and returned 3. So the question is. Did Dick Turpin wear a mask or not ? because I never saw anybody wearing one at the shoot.

What about this little nugget I found out about today then boys and girls. I wasnt going to winge on about the game fair, and being as old as a conker tree now, I should have known better than to go and shoot it in the first place. But being local and having a free pass I thought, have a couple of goes, get in the final, and win a truck easy peasy. Anyway half way through my second card shooting like a tit I thought to myself f--k this for a game of conkers I`m going home to mum. Picked up all my toys and went. Spoke to a good mate today who went and he tells me the payout for the shoot on both days was based on the number of cards returned to the scorers in the entry tent. Not the cards that were bought on the day. So wtf is that all about then. Both my cards went in the bin for a start. A well known shot from `up north` had 22 cards and returned 3. So the question is. Did Dick Turpin wear a mask or not ? because I never saw anybody wearing one at the shoot.

Love it proper bandits...... ;-)

Probably the same outfit that ran one at the Newark Shooting show last year. I shot 14 out of 15 on the pool shoot missing the last bird(Ooops) but felt quite good thas poss no one would straight it. Went back at the end of the day and lucky me know one did!!!!

...................Unlucky me, somone else shot a 14 but missed the first bird out and had been paid the money and left. When I asked for an explenation I was told I lost on countback as if you counted back from bird 15 I was the first to miss.......Puke!!!!!!!!!explain this can you????

Probably the same outfit that ran one at the Newark Shooting show last year. I shot 14 out of 15 on the pool shoot missing the last bird(Ooops) but felt quite good thas poss no one would straight it. Went back at the end of the day and lucky me know one did!!!!

...................Unlucky me, somone else shot a 14 but missed the first bird out and had been paid the money and left. When I asked for an explenation I was told I lost on countback as if you counted back from bird 15 I was the first to miss.......Puke!!!!!!!!!explain this can you????
That is bullsh*t!!! Complete bullsh*t and I am afraid I would have had to cause a scene and ruck over tHat!!! 95% of these people who run this shows are just greedy thieving bastards!

That is bullsh*t!!! Complete bullsh*t and I am afraid I would have had to cause a scene and ruck over tHat!!! 95% of these people who run this shows are just greedy thieving bastards!
If I hadn't have been wearing my team vest he may well have had a lie down for a while

Lead Head,

I find that very shocking if what you say is correct.

Clive Bramley of Doveridge Clay Shooting has the clayshooting franchise at Weston Park .

Surely the prize fund is payable from the number of entries bought not the number of cards returned?

Shocking !!! They were out of order to spin you that crap Mark !

Countback is used in small-bore rifle target shooting in the event of a tie when in the circmstances there cannot be a tie shoot for whatever reason. In a dewar match with shooting at both 50m and 100 yards the competitor with the best score at the longer distance wins. If they have equal scores at both distances then countback comes into play with the best score on the last target or if that s tied the one before and so on. In America they use the X count which is the number of inner bulls scored.

You all wanted to know that didn't you!

Sorry Mark no consolation to you

Also for future reference Mark, countback is normally lost by the person who misses FIRST on the selected stand, not last. No good to you now but if it happens again you can put up a scrap, I know I would!

to be honest the whole shoot was a bit of a shambles, running two comps at the same time, lots of waiting and people shooting multiple cards?

but that's the norm at Gamefairs, I shot the clubman comp with a couple of pals just for the hell of it, a couple of the refs calls were a bit strange

one ref`s blood sugar must of been way too low, right miserable git, I did question which charm school he went to :cool:

This all sounds very bad next thing you know those of us with no friends will be loosing our prize money if we cant get back within a certain time.

whats the world coming too

Latest posts

Back