Churchills 2/8

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzrat

Went up to do Churchils reg shoot this afternoon as I have the week off and a rare chance to do the reg here. Its a 10 stands of 10 affair which, as it was deathly quiet isnt really a problem. Absolutely lashing down when we arrived just after 2 so we booked on and had a cuppa and waited for a break in it.

A decent enough course I thought but nothing really "out there" The grouse butt wasnt in use today which was a shame as I remember from the handicap they can put a decent leeed bird out there.

Couple of gripes though, It was hosing down when we arrived and they gave us A4 paper photocopy "cards" granted when we started it was dry but hosed down again halfway through our first stand, card near on useless by the second stand. Ref on the second stand we shot said "no point in marking this really it will be un-readable by the end, do you really want me to mark it?" My reply "its a reg and I have a competition entry so yes, I do want you to mark it" They sent out a guy with waterproof cards when we had 2 stands left and the sun was beaming down. Why not use them from the start?

Same stand, just as I called for my 3rd pair some oik shouts from the path "gonna fill that trap after this bloke" at the top of his lungs at the ref just as I'm pulling the trigger they then proceed to have a shouted conversation with their earplugs in. Kind of off putting.

One of their instructors was buttoning on one stand was also trying to tell me where I was missing and how to shoot it, this was after only my first pair. Fair enough I need all the help i can get in my shooting but when I have a comp entry card and the cpsa rules forbid it please leave me to work it out myself as I have to do at all other reg events, thats how I learn.

Last one, "That Rabbit" Stand 10, l-r crossing bunny about 35yrds out, traveled 20yrds then behind a trap box where there was a ramp to pop it up a couple of feet, had to be shot in a 15 yrd window before it went behind another trap box. Some jumped 8 feet in the air, some missed the ramp completely and rolled along the deck and the occaisional one did as planned. Far too random for a target that distance with such a small window to shoot it IMHO just pure luck if you got the same target twice.

Enjoyed the driven pair off the tower as I always do with high driven, the fact it was the same pair they used for the handicap was noted, also the high l-r with the low close r-l dustmaker was fun. Ended up with 68 I think, which I know was at least 8 light as that was the amount of silly ones I chucked, would think an 80 in C would be close to the number.

All in all I just pretty much confirmed my suspicion that churchills dont really want the clay shooters, we just dont spend enough money on lessons there or tweed shooting suits to wear in those lessons.

I shot it as well. My continued recent slump is firmly fixed in, shooting well below my average and a mile below my form of 5+ weeks back. Lovely timing for the World Champs. Groan..

I am hoping my head was still on holiday, as I had only returned to UK after lunch! Also I was mostly shooting behind a real newbie who was disturbing to watch, including trying two guns and three cartridges in one stand. Why do they do it? Get a lesson!

It was a 'different' course today. More awkward than hard, but I think the scores will be low ish so Fuz, you didn't disgrace yourself at all. I disagree that 80 will win C. I estimate low seventies. HG of 90-92. When I arrived, a good AAA shot was shaking his head after just finishing.. Saying that couldn't straight much at all. Also a very good A shot on 80.

I believe that Tony Fletcher (new to EJC, very experienced from Riseley) is course setting. I didn't like the sim pair of orange looper and black crosser. Too little time in my book. Otherwise, top marks for experimentation.

Onwards and hopefully upwards..

CSC3

Started on the crosser/ looper walked off with 8 i think, missed the first looper out as I shot the crosser lazy. For the rest, gun up spot shot the crosser then nailed the looper just after its peak :D

Shot that stand the same as fuz, finished on a 9 and seemed less of a rush than the other way round. Totaly agree about the scorer on stand 1, "Your in front" as i missed the first bird - didn't think you were supposed to do that at a reg shoot? PLANK!

He is a 'nice guy' but every time I get to his stand he tells me how to shoot it before I even start! Well meaning, but wrong and actually not helpful often..

Horrible. It was going badly, missing two on almost every stand. Then I had 2 stands with a 5 on each. 73 :yell: :oops:

Scores, http://www.ejchurchill.com/PDFs/Aug2012/Report-2012-Aug-03-102446.pdf miss counted and shot 70 jnt 2nd in C

Scores, http://www.ejchurchill.com/PDFs/Aug2012/Report-2012-Aug-03-102446.pdf miss counted and shot 70 jnt 2nd in C
Fuz, 70 in C looks pretty good when you look at all the results. Looks like it was a tricky course!!!

Gav, have you got an ESP classification? theres a little star next to your B meaning classified on the day

HG of 86 - Go girl well Shot Becky....cant believe Steve that you got beat by a girl...........hold on a mo....you all did hahaha :.:

Ahahahahaha very funny Mr Hance!

Hows life treating you at the moment, i havnt seen you about for a bit - guess your not a Bucks man anymore.

Latest posts

Back