Grange farm/ kegworth

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

optima

made the 2.5 hour trip to Grange farm today,never been there before, and must say what a nice ground it was,large club house,good variety of targets through a mixture of woodland and open fields.juniors under 21 shoot for free,a good way to encourage youngsters into the sport! No trap break downs and 74 entries by 10 past 10 in the moring,they must be doing something right. Not a hard shoot by any means but very enjoyable managed an 89,and will certainly be going back.

After grange we headed on up to kegworth,been here once before and thought it was very good. Bit of a shock when booking my self and my 14 year old lad in,same price for him as an adult , certainley not the way to encourage youngsters into the sport and the first time i,ve ever came across this at any ground. Softish shoot compared to the last one,few trap break downs but good variety again, managed a 91 here which was later reduced to 85 as one stand had to be knocked off everybodys card due to a trap breakdown,bit unfortunate if you straighted it. would i go back? only if my lad wasn,t with me,the lady did explain that he was entered in comp for the £3o but don,t think a 14 year old has much chance of winning anything at this early stage of his career,so they,ll loose the 4 adults that were with him aswell

I was really surprised when I went to Horne with a 12 year old in tow, getting full price there. 10 mins down the road at Caterham they are free or very cheap I think..

Nice to shoot at a few softer targets after the world sporting. Think you should put a price list up of the cost of shoots for franky

(moooostash) to shoot different grounds. The look on your face when they charged you full price was priceless .

Latest posts

Back