Lead Shot Ban, in news again

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As an aside, does anyone know of any research that's been done, in regards to all the rusting steel pellets entering the watercourse in a few years time? Or even, game eating/digesting rust instead of lead?

As an aside, does anyone know of any research that's been done, in regards to all the rusting steel pellets entering the watercourse in a few years time? Or even, game eating/digesting rust instead of lead?
No, but given 10 years or so and it will be "BAN STEEL SHOT IN SHOOTING"   !

Coupled with the difficulties of obtaining a Doctors signature, it has been the reason of so many giving up shooting. 

To be honest I’m not totally convinced that the ban on lead shot is actually necessary in the first place. 
Yes we all know what lead poisoning is, but how many people in the U.K. actually die of it? How many animals and fish die of it? 
Ok we all know about lead pollution, they removed lead from fuel as we know, that particular danger I could understand. 
So how many lives, human and animal, will be saved by a ban on lead shot? 
As yet I don’t recall seeing any figures, have any been published by anyone? 
I’ve been a shooter of one sort or another for about 60 years and to date I don’t recall ever hearing of anyone being killed by lead shot, unless they happen to end up as a target! 😂

Look, I’m old, I’m a sceptic and I need proof before I believe. Wtf is it these days? We humans see us as the guardians of the planet and think by changing things we can stop the planet from ending up going tits up? That really is such arrogance on our part. This planet has warmed and cooled unaided by us for thousands or millions of years. The dinosaurs died out, what did they do wrong? Why do we think we are so special? We are just some other species to inhabit the planet. 
Get a grip humans, we are specs of dust in the great plan, deal with it. 😂

I would imagine rust (iron oxide) or iron from shotgun pellets would have no effect whatsoever. After all your body contains a lot of iron, the reason your blood is red. Plus there are plenty of streams rich in iron at a level way above anything steel pellets could cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look, I’m old, I’m a sceptic and I need proof before I believe. Wtf is it these days? We humans see us as the guardians of the planet and think by changing things we can stop the planet from ending up going tits up? That really is such arrogance on our part. This planet has warmed and cooled unaided by us for thousands or millions of years. The dinosaurs died out, what did they do wrong? Why do we think we are so special? We are just some other species to inhabit the planet. 
Get a grip humans, we are specs of dust in the great plan, deal with it. 😂
Les53,People think if you clean up the UK or Europe the world would be a better place ! ban the lead shot and the third world countries will stop dumping sh*t in the rivers and seas, and then the polluting big powers will make more steel ( simple really )

You are right that you are old .,

Your wrong the Dinosaurs did not die out, because Westley is still on here !

And has for going tits up Max from the Dolphin shoot is doing fine after his operation he is now a D cup !

Last edited by a moderator:
Les53,People think if you clean up the UK or Europe the world would be a better place ! ban the lead shot and the third world countries will stop dumping sh*t in the rivers and seas, and then the polluting big powers will make more steel ( simple really )

You are right that you are old .,

Your wrong the Dinosaurs did not die out, because Westley is still on here !

And has for going tits up Max from the Dolphin shoot is doing fine after his operation he is now a D cup !
😂😂😂. Brilliant! 

Latest posts

Back