Is there a coloured lense for Colour blindness

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LancsLad

Hi, as mentioned in a previous post I am red green colour blind. I've tried to PM Mr Lyons but it will only let me choose his name and title the PM but not put in a message.

I've just done a colour blind test on't t'interweb and got the following.

Moderate deutans (“doo-tans”) have a moderate form of red-green color blindness caused by an anomaly in the M-cone photopigment gene sequence.

Moderate deutans usually respond very positively to the EnChroma lens. We believe there is a 90% chance that EnChroma glasses will help your color vision.

EnChroma are the people trying to sell glasses in the USA for colour blind people but it doesn't go in to the required lense colour. 

So my question is this. Is there a shooting glasses lense that helps people who are colour blind and if so what colour is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will see if i can look into that for you :lol:

I was watching a YouTube show called powerfactor and they were reviewing shooting glasses and I'm sure I heard them mention vermillion for red/green colour blind. Is that some kind of purple?

I was watching a YouTube show called powerfactor and they were reviewing shooting glasses and I'm sure I heard them mention vermillion for red/green colour blind. Is that some kind of purple?
​No it is a red colour - I have not been diagnosed colour blind but also have tremendous difficulty with distinguishing colours but not in the traditional green/red way.

We're all suffering the messaging problem. Search for a post he has made, and right click on his avatar. This should bring an option to message that will work.

He's the man to answer your question properly. Have you tried face aching him? Or ring him - Flint & Partners.

You would be amazed at the number of people who seem to have awful trouble seeing the colour RED. I meet them at traffic lights on a daily basis !

I would like to struggle with Amber !
​ Normally, I can be relied upon to lower the tone and had that been something about, perhaps, Danke Bartekova or Jess Rossi, I would be joining in (who wouldn't want to join in with Danke and Jess?), but I think we should probably give our lovely Amber, a couple of years peace :)

​ Normally, I can be relied upon to lower the tone and had that been something about, perhaps, Danke Bartekova or Jess Rossi, I would be joining in (who wouldn't want to join in with Danke and Jess?), but I think we should probably give our lovely Amber, a couple of years peace :)
Had to bingle them to see who you was on about. And yes I would want to join in also  :)

I am red / green colour blind making orange clays quite hard to see over grass.

I used a very bright Red lense and it makes the orange stand out a mile.

I was only thinking this morning that it would be good for a big company like Pilla to research it.

As a large proportion of men are colour blind, a few women too.

Back