How to get started in FITASC?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ian you are back in your 'clay sporting' mode and it is not really very attractive. It is putting several people off the site.

Skeety the FITASC disciplines are sporting, Universal Trap, Helice, Compak and Combined Game.

Competitions for Compak are going to start in the UK next year (here we shoot sportrap).

Last edited:
Ian you are back in your 'clay sporting' mode and it is not really very attractive. It is putting several people off the site.

Skeety the FITASC disciplines are sporting, Universal Trap, Helice, Compak and Combined Game.

Competitions for Compak are going to start in the UK next year (here we shoot sportrap).
Thanks Nicola. Not keen on Sport Trap, though only shot it a few times...too many traps to remember!

At least with the FITASC Sporting example that I saw, there was only 3 traps to worry about for most of the Parcour!

I guess it comes with practice.

I've asked Kev Gray to put on a FITASC day for people wanting to get into it.I'm willing to help (for free) maybe if you lot pressure him,he'll do it, very local to hornet?Kev are you looking in?.Before the summer is over.Could be good fun.

about time we shot compac here,cant wait,do you know where any are going to be?

Thanks Nicola. Not keen on Sport Trap, though only shot it a few times...too many traps to remember!

At least with the FITASC Sporting example that I saw, there was only 3 traps to worry about for most of the Parcour!

I guess it comes with practice.
3 traps??? Was definitely not proper fitasc then.

Thats more like 4 traps! Can be up to 5 as well. Depends on the formats from shoot organisers.

Too many wtered down versions nowadays.

about time we shot compac here,cant wait,do you know where any are going to be?
Bictsf will be running some next year. You could try contacting Nick Woodward as he will be organising them. Sorry I missed your post.

Sounds interesting where would this take place
Harley, i know you are keen, thats great, but this should take place about 18 months from now. This would be running. Lots of learning to walk first mate.. The way to go definitely upwards is via a ladder, using two feet on each step; not running blindfold at a greasy pole.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to set myself some realistic performance targets, and thought this would of been doable, especially 18 months away.

How good have you got to be to enter then?

Harley, you can be any standard to enter. I didn't shoot FITASC sporting until last year, in a registered competiton and I've been shooting on and off since 1994.

If/when you go for it, it's an enjoyable day out and a different vibe from English sporting. All I would say is don't set yourself a target score - just go out and shoot it and keep an open mind. I'm rubbish at it; I haven't broken 60 ex 100 yet! But I still like it and I will continue to go, just not as regularly as I probably need to.

Harley you can do it anytime, as long as you are safe to handle the gun. However in reality, Fitasc is almost solely shot by experienced folk, as it is the hardest form of sporting shooting. Concentration needed is high and the gun mount element is an additional pressure. I would recommend a good year at ordinary sporting before doing it, mainly to not beat yourself up.

Maybe I am too much of a preparation freak..

Cheers

I wanted to set myself some realistic performance targets, and thought this would of been doable, especially 18 months away.

How good have you got to be to enter then?
Imagin you have started to play golf down at the local municiple course with your mate, £15 per round, match play, the most he can beat you by is 18 holes. You are terrible, but you enjoy the fluffy rabbits of him taking the piss, in turn he dosn't get impatiant watching you hack your way round an easy beginers course. A pro you have spoken to has taken pitty and offered to give you a free lesson to try to set you on the right path, but before you have a chance to take up his offer........BAM!!!, you hear two very good and experianced golfers talking about playing in the county championship held at a very tricky links coures, £70 entry, amazing course, limited places, enter here today,......... :eek: It sounds GREAT!!! Where do I sign..........

There are two outcomes to this story,

1. You say, "I'd love to once I have more experiance and have had a few lessons, you see I've only just started and I'm not very good yet, acctualy I'm terible, I'm so bad the England captain has offered me a free lesson!!! ........but that sounds great and I'd love to enter that when I'm ready."

" No problem mate, I'm Clever and this is Glen, we are going round to the driving range........come round with us and we will give you some pointers!!! Ah, so you've met Ed, he's a good coach, just don't take a lolly pop from him....." :wink:

You have some lessons, you get better, Clever and Glen take you under their wing whenever they see you around the golf club and you enter next years county champs with Clever, Glen and you mate, have a blast, go round in 90 and feel great about the par you made at the 110yd 11th......or

2. "Yeah, me and my mate will play with you two and make up a four ball!!!" You fill out a form, pay your money, exchange numbers and go away as excited as excited as a 6yo on Christmas eve..........

The day of the county champs, you step up to the first tee and duff it, get really embarrased because Clever and Glen have just driven 300yds strait down the middle of the fairway and start to feel way out of you depth!!! You struggle all day, you find out the hard way about stroke play, you really can't enjoy yourself, the harder you try, the worse it gets,the worse it gets, the more you panic, it's soooo bad, you start to suck the lolly pop Ed has given you for luck at the 1st tee, it's the worst day of your life, you forget all the good times you've had playing golf with your mate and you wish you had never started to play golf, ever!!! :eek: Then you start to cry and wonder why you mouth tastes of cock flavoured lolly pops..... :wacko:

Clever and Glen are very nice about your round of 143, 70 over par, they shot the worst score they can ever remember at county champs, they wish you well, advise you to take up knitting and block you from their mobiles!!! :huh:

Dose that put it into perspective.........???

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back