How to get started in FITASC?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to set myself some realistic performance targets, and thought this would of been doable, especially 18 months away.

How good have you got to be to enter then?
Setting targets is a good idea. Start by joining the CPSA, so they can help you with that. Get yourself into b class perhaps, (not hard, especially in skeet).

Get some Skeet under your belt, some sporting etc, some straw bale shoots, win some cash etc.

That way, when you do shoot in comps with experienced shots, their presence will help you shoot better, rather than intimidate you and your presence to them, will be a pleasure to watch you shoot, rather than the newbie who is distracting and ruins the flow of the squad.

Did you get that last text...ends in shooting glasses?
yes ,sorry i was working mate, just replied , i agree with you on the other stuff you mentioned ;)

Being new, i didnt realise the implications on shooting FITASC, i was just looking for some more experience, i shall wait a while me thinks..

Last edited by a moderator:
Setting targets is a good idea. Start by joining the CPSA, so they can help you with that. Get yourself into b class perhaps, (not hard, especially in skeet).

Get some Skeet under your belt, some sporting etc, some straw bale shoots, win some cash etc.

That way, when you do shoot in comps with experienced shots, their presence will help you shoot better, rather than intimidate you and your presence to them, will be a pleasure to watch you shoot, rather than the newbie who is distracting and ruins the flow of the squad.
Is that not what I just said........

........how did you go from clueless to giving advice in two pages of a topic you started, looking for help???

Is that not what I just said........

........how did you go from clueless to giving advice in two pages of a topic you started, looking for help???
While I appreciate the creativity of your post, (seriously, I thought it was great...if a little cutting) I have been known to indulge myself in that way also...I thought I might clarify what you put, for someone who doesn't know, how a Newb shooter can affect a Squad.

And, I never mentioned anything about FITASC in the post, as it applies to any form of clay shooting, of which...I am not entirely Clueless about.

And I thought I had read somewhere that FITASC (Sporting . . . . just to please Nicola) was supposed to be the most friendly of shooting disciplines?

Blimey, from the few posts on here one could be excused for thinking it was littered with arrogant, condescending a-holes who would simply look down their noses at any person who dared to venture into FITASC out of pure interest.

I thought these shooting disciplines were for everybody, not just a perceived elite ??? Considering the original question, where was all the help that was requested, apart from a couple of kindly souls? Who bothered to offer any insight into how the discipline is run, any details of the different terminologies that may be used (eg : Parcours?), where it may be possible to try the discipline, what is the best barrel length, what chokes would be best, what shot size cartridges would be needed, etc, etc.

If I was to go on just this thread, I would be glad that I've never bothered to try it - luckily, there are others out there in the real world who are genuinely interested in getting new people to the discipline.

And I thought I had read somewhere that FITASC (Sporting . . . . just to please Nicola) was supposed to be the most friendly of shooting disciplines?

Blimey, from the few posts on here one could be excused for thinking it was littered with arrogant, condescending a-holes who would simply look down their noses at any person who dared to venture into FITASC out of pure interest.

I thought these shooting disciplines were for everybody, not just a perceived elite ??? Considering the original question, where was all the help that was requested, apart from a couple of kindly souls? Who bothered to offer any insight into how the discipline is run, any details of the different terminologies that may be used (eg : Parcours?), where it may be possible to try the discipline, etc, etc.

If I was to go on just this thread, I would be glad that I've never bothered to try it - luckily, there are others out there in the real world who are genuinely interested in getting new people to the discipline.

Glad to see you have been paying attention GG :D and calling it by the correct name (well actually the correct name is 'Parcours de Chasse' but that is me being picky :D

It is a great discipline and does have very friendly people in it. The thinking man's sporting...!!

Then you grow up and go to a really hard discipline 'HELICE' :D :D

(p.s. I have not read all the thread, I drift in and out...just that your post got 10/10 for the first line).

Last edited:
After reading this thread I'm now going to have to investigate FITASC... I'm sure the discipline will save me money :D .

I had my first go at FITASC Sporting this weekend @ AC Sporting targets in Northolt. It was a fantastic experience with great explanation/advice from the instructor. ACST insist on all shooters being vetted for gun safety before they shoot, this was a opertunity I took to be shown the ropes of FITASC without paying lots for private tuition (although their prices are very good anyway).

I strongly recommend this SG for people wanting to have ago without having to worry about looking silly if they were to join a FITASC squad blind.

Really looking forward to the 8/12 @ Westfield.... Now all I've got to do is get out of the family trip to the in laws!

As i understand you need to be in groups .. How do i become part of a group as i have no friends (sympathy please)

Just book on and you will be squadded with 5 potential new friends :) Most grounds if you tell them you are a fitasc virgin will squad you with known helpful shooters. Dont know what part of the world you are but Westfield are doing some great fitasc shoots over the winter for just 40 quid :)

Ta Fuzrat.. Will do that but didn't want to cramp anyones style .. i'm only a C class and never shot it before but i need to get involved somehow, i don't mind the pee taking as long as its only over my shooting not breaking rules :/

L

Ta Fuzrat.. Will do that but didn't want to cramp anyones style .. i'm only a C class and never shot it before but i need to get involved somehow, i don't mind the pee taking as long as its only over my shooting not breaking rules :/

L
Always happy for you to join one of our squads.... keep an eye on the meet-ups forum where we tend to post the events we'll all be at.

Always happy for you to join one of our squads.... keep an eye on the meet-ups forum where we tend to post the events we'll all be at.

Thank you .. Will keep an eye-out, unfortunately can't make next sat, hopefully steve will open it friday too :) ..Excited now..   :D

Perfect then, you have Westfield and Hornets not a million miles away just outside Thame as well :)

Latest posts

Back