How Often Do You Shoot?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds awful mate. No cold wind no rain just shooting in the sun. It's no way to shoot clays ;)

Sounds awful mate. No cold wind no rain just shooting in the sun. It's no way to shoot clays ;)
Haha! I know, right? I don't know how we can bare with this horrible conditions ;) I only wish we would have a good sporting clays course or two... but then again, my bank account would probably divorce me and flee to Venezuela. Beautiful Beretta by the way (your avatar). DT10L sideplate is my favorite model...

Last edited by a moderator:
Your very lucky my friend. UK is no place to be between sept and April, and the months in between are only just bearable :)

. Beautiful Beretta by the way (your avatar). DT10L sideplate is my favorite model...
Thank you very much yes its a joy to shoot and no comparison to the std DT10. It's actually a DT10EELL trap model and 30"

I shoot two times a week, about a case of ammo (250 rounds) per day. No such thing as "winter" here in San Diego, CA so... it's all year round. Unfortunately, we don't have good sporting clays courses nearby so I gotta drive to LA or further for that. Otherwise, it's mostly 5 Stand, or as you call it Compaq. I wish I could shoot more...
Why is that ? I've always wondered why the US isn't packed with Sporting grounds, you seem to have the land, the interest is there and money for investment doesn't seem hard to come by ?

Why is that ? I've always wondered why the US isn't packed with Sporting grounds, you seem to have the land, the interest is there and money for investment doesn't seem hard to come by ?
Well, US is indeed packed with sporting clays courses - just not California and especially not San Diego. Unfortunately, our beautiful state is is blatantly anti-gun, comparing to the majority of other states, so lawmakers and environmentalist (i.e. "lead is bad for fauna" people) here are trying to make building new ranges as difficult as it possible. Such a shame, taking to account surreally beautiful weather 300 days a year...

There are actually lotsa sporting places just not in SoCal hahahaha

Seems like NorCal has one around every corner and nearly every ground has at least a 5-stand compact kinda setup, or two.  The downside is that it is generally more expensive than trap/skeet stuff.  If I go out to shoot a nice course it usually costs me double and I have no way to justify (or afford) that difference.  But - life goes on

SoCal does have the new two bunker layout at Redlands tho, so that is just way great news!!

One club I belong to sells targets (on counters) and gives us a key. So while the club is "OPEN" wed./Sat./Sun, you can go in and shoot any day.

I have cut back and only shoot 15 to 20K a year. 

One club I belong to sells targets (on counters) and gives us a key. So while the club is "OPEN" wed./Sat./Sun, you can go in and shoot any day.

I have cut back and only shoot 15 to 20K a year. 
That's rather interesting, could be very dangerous on the wallet though!

Seems like I really need to step my game up and get out there!

Last year, my first, I chewed through 15900 shells. Hit about 8000 clays. The goal this year is to get the two figures significantly closer together! :)

Summer months, around 1500 to 1800 per month.  Winter months, a lot less.  I'm turning into a wuss in my old age...

Being my first year shooting I'm looking at around 30k + shells by March ...my grand plan was to cut down by year two but I've got the competitive bug so I've "restructured" my training down to around 400-600 a week .

Twice a month, three if I'm lucky!

Fortunately am working fewer Saturdays this year so plan to get a lot more through the gun :D

Nowadays I can only get out and about to shoot on Sunday. Work and family take up the other 6 days a week. I shot more often when I worked part time.
So 100 -200 a week as I'll shoot 2 courses if I have the chance. I always try to shoot the pool shoot to warm up.
Occasionally I take a day off work to shoot a major competition.
Probably adds up to 600 a month

Three times a month four if I am lucky and some months not at all and around 3500/4000 shells a year .

2 shoots a month,

One local, one distance

If i can wangle any others ( have a go's - family sessions & the odd registed event  ( SCC or TP)) there a bonus

Last year i shot approx 1600   not enough in my book, but more than enough in hers ;)

:santa: x

2 shoots a month,

One local, one distance

If i can wangle any others ( have a go's - family sessions & the odd registed event  ( SCC or TP)) there a bonus

Last year i shot approx 1600   not enough in my book, but more than enough in hers ;)

:santa: x
How the hell does she know how many shells you shoot?  :fie:

Latest posts

Back