Hodnet Challenge (30th December 2012)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trouble is if one trap has thrown a no bird, you then have to operate both traps to clear the target, a waste of clays, time & money !!!
The price of running a quality event. If its a competition, the pairs need to be the same every time. I can see the penny saving argument at a straw baler, but not Hodnet, sorry..

I don't think it is too big an issue, if two buttons are used they are normally taped together in such a way that it only requires the referee to squeeze finger and thumb together. Remember some traps were in totally different locations and were wind affected.

Stand 6, my stand very often threw a simultaneous trailing pair and a third clay involuntary due to a radio wave malfunction. Not one competitor complained of a distraction. I do have to say that the referees on Sunday were all skilled competitors and knew what fair targets look like and I am sure would have always presented them.

Shot Hodnet yesterday to miss today's rush. Superb and really testing shoot too. 

Good luck to all the shooters who've 're-shot' the Hodnet Challenge today - I'm sure you've had a great time.

Latest posts

Back