Hodnet Challenge (30th December 2012)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw Tom Jones yesterday working on the set up for the Hodnet Christmas  Challenge. It certainly looks like being a good one. He said he wasn't feeling too naughty and was going to be gentle with the customers. That normally means he's got something interesting for us. I can't wait to see what it is.

I saw Tom Jones yesterday working on the set up for the Hodnet Christmas  Challenge. It certainly looks like being a good one. He said he wasn't feeling too naughty and was going to be gentle with the customers. 
Its not unusual.

Speaking to lots of gunners locally, they are under the impression that the Hodnet Challenge is a pre-booked event only.

I am fairly sure that is not correct. If any of you are interested I am sure that telephone entries are available. In fact when it was the Victory  and The Cheshire Shield, both very well subscribed events I have still managed to turn up and pay on the day. Hope to see a few of you there. It promises to be a very good shoot. 

Speaking to lots of gunners locally, they are under the impression that the Hodnet Challenge is a pre-booked event only.

I am fairly sure that is not correct. If any of you are interested I am sure that telephone entries are available. In fact when it was the Victory  and The Cheshire Shield, both very well subscribed events I have still managed to turn up and pay on the day. Hope to see a few of you there. It promises to be a very good shoot. 
Their website actually states "postal bookings only" but I have booked by phone in previous years, I think.

Not sure I'd drive all that way on the off chance of them taking my money on the day, especially as the website is also plastered with warnings such as "limited to 250 entries".

I want to shoot it, but haven't booked yet. I'll try and contact them by phone before 30th. If I get through, I'll book it, if I don't get through, I won't be bothering :huh:

Their website actually states "postal bookings only" but I have booked by phone in previous years, I think.

Not sure I'd drive all that way on the off chance of them taking my money on the day, especially as the website is also plastered with warnings such as "limited to 250 entries".

I want to shoot it, but haven't booked yet. I'll try and contact them by phone before 30th. If I get through, I'll book it, if I don't get through, I won't be bothering :huh:
I asked a while back if I could turn up and pay on the day.

The lady insited I sent a cheque, which I did.

It was only banked yesterday odly but hey ho looking forward to shooting there come what may.

I can understand grounds perhaps wanting to take bookings and money in advance especially over a holiday period.

They need to plan & arrange for the right numbers of staff, catering supplies etc which could easily go to waste if the weather's bad and nobody decides to turn up.

Is this that unreasonable?

I can understand grounds perhaps wanting to take bookings and money in advance especially over a holiday period.

They need to plan & arrange for the right numbers of staff, catering supplies etc which could easily go to waste if the weather's bad and nobody decides to turn up.

Is this that unreasonable?
Who said anything about unreasonable?

I did!

Its like sending out invites to a party with RSVP on.

You need to know how many are coming to cater for them so you expect a reply.

I did!

Its like sending out invites to a party with RSVP on.

You need to know how many are coming to cater for them so you expect a reply.
Hodnet is ALWAYS popular. They could have no pre-booking at all and they would still be full.

Latest posts

Back