Hodnet challenge 100 ESP

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortlegs

Hope everyone's had a good Christmas

Anyone shooting the challenge tomorrow ??

Hoping to get there for an early start

Little chap and I will be there, probably start late, depends on how the beers flow this evening :crazy: :haha:

:fie:  Shortlegs, there is no point in you shooting Hodnet! they have some HIGH birds and because you are a low down bum? you will strain your barrels trying to reach them! :crazy:

Go get em shorty, over the border again after the English shilling, leave some in the tank for Sunday at longridge mate

:fie:  Shortlegs, there is no point in you shooting Hodnet! they have some HIGH birds and because you are a low down bum? you will strain your barrels trying to reach them! :crazy:
Guru that's a bit of kettle calling the pot black as your as vertically challenged as me ..... you being a low down West Country bum haha and you don't strain anything hahaha

I'm going, although with 250 entries and no squading I think I might take a sleeping bag just in case.

I'm going, although with 250 entries and no squading I think I might take a sleeping bag just in case.
There wont be any problems with the finishing time, Tom and Deb really know how to run competitions with large entries.  I've reff'ed this shoot for years and it's never been dark when Iv'e got home (I live 30+ miles away).

I'm going, although with 250 entries and no squading I think I might take a sleeping bag just in case.[/quoteYes I think it could get really busy so hoping to get out as early as possible website says shooting starts at 9am so will try to get there for this time if possible ......

:spiteful: What makes you think sqadding is any quicker or better? :crazy:
Squading far better from a reffing point of view, because your not freezing your tats off while people look for the nice stands to start, you only ever have a max of 12 people round the stand at any one time, the flow is constant and tempers remain even, so the reff don't get people in there ear, stating the obvious, "busy ref" "why is there a quu" "have you had a breakdown," and my favourite, trying to force cards in my hand when they can see its busy , they don't see that for the first hour and a half, I haven't seen a shooter.... .... Squading every time for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen a lot more than 12 at a stand when its been squaded many a time. At least when its not squaded you can wander round and find a quieter stand.

"Ok Eddie will say hello if I see you on the way round .. Hope you both shoot well ...."

Thanks, hopefully we'll catch up, shoot straight
I'll be the one wearing a stupid hat :crazy:  and looking bedraggled, little fella will no doubt be sharp looking as usual :nyam:

I have seen a lot more than 12 at a stand when its been squaded many a time. At least when its not squaded you can wander round and find a quieter stand.
I can't vouch for other shoots, but in the 20 years I've been reffing at Hodnet, it's very rare to see more than two squads waiting, I wish more people followed your example and wandered to quieter stands, hope you enjoy the shoot

Last edited by a moderator:
Back