GB COMPAK Selection Shoots for 2014

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
As suggested elsewhere... these are the FITASC GB Compak Selection shoots for 2014

15th/16th March - Hornet SG (100 targets shot either day)

12th/13th April- UK Championship @ St Dials (100 targets shot either day)

28th/29th June - British Grand Prix @ Barbury (125 targets shot either day)

2nd/3rd August - English Open@ Southdown (100 targets shot either day)

Hope to see many of you at these - great fun events last year.

Entry forms here :http://www.fitasc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Compak-Sporting-Entry-Form-2014.pdf 

Last edited by a moderator:
Booked St Dials for the Saturday 12th entry confirmed  :eek:k:

Matt ooops  think you have a date error in post matey as St Dials is 12th/13th April least that's what it says on entry form ..?

Last edited by a moderator:
Booked into the Hornet shoot, however see conflict between the one on 12/13th April, same weekend as England FITASC selection at Hornet and Essex masters so blows that one out for me!

Met with the FITASC Sporting Sub-Committee last night and it was decided that the COMPAK selection shoots will be shot 'straight through' in 2014 - this addresses some of the feedback in 2012 that people spent too long on the ground to shoot a relatively short discipline. 

European and Worlds will still have their scheduled rotations - but this will allow people to shoot COMPAK and then get to another shoot if they wish. 

Good news for those that spent 2 hours waiting for their next rotation at one of the grounds last year!

Booked St Dials for the Saturday 12th entry confirmed  :eek:k:

Matt ooops  think you have a date error in post matey as St Dials is 12th/13th April least that's what it says on entry form ..?
Thanks Shortlegs - fixed... my typo

Only problem is that it gives a false tempo.

When abroad you have to be able to switch off and wait for your next line and then switch on again. (This is not an easy thing to just go out and do. It is part of your competition training and is re-enforced by correct practice). Ok for those who want a quick shoot and off ...but not good for those who want to take the discipline seriously.

But whichever way you get to shoot it here or abroad.....enjoy.....this discipline is growing abroad fast. (From 200 in a Worlds at the beginning to about 600 now and going up).

Completely agree Nic - I quite liked the shooting schedule running like FITASC Sporting... but people were turned off by the waiting and it was solid feedback from the shooters. 

I'll get my training abroad - am going to Arras twice this year to shoot COMPAK - and will look forward to the two hour break for lunch and the full day of shooting. 

You can under the current FITASC rules run Compak in either mode, straight thru or timed, only Barbury and Southdown followed the rules last year, Hepworth and High Lodge pushed you through in one go.

As for it affecting you when you go overseas, I seriously doubt it will have do anything negative to your shooting and if it means more people can shoot it then I am all in favour...

Berkshire sportrap championships (i know its not compak) at 4C's has a good set up shoot 2 layouts,break in between, then shoot the last 2 layouts.

Can one of you just confirm that Compak can be shot gun up - can't get hold of Mr Hoskins to ask and having a slight panic that it is gun down as I am supposed to be having a go at Hornet this coming Sunday - 2.15 pm.

Latest posts

Back