Gamebore Super Gems

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevekeat

Hi All,

Was looking to restock with supurbs and noticed the Gamebore Super Gems. I was informed they are rebadged White Gold and all components are the same!! They were only £160 so i snapped them up to give em a go. They look the same as WGold and they shoot smooth as well. Anyone else used em.

Hi All,

Was looking to restock with supurbs and noticed the Gamebore Super Gems. I was informed they are rebadged White Gold and all components are the same!! They were only £160 so i snapped them up to give em a go. They look the same as WGold and they shoot smooth as well. Anyone else used em.
I'd not heard of them up to now but can't see that they're rebadged White Golds as these are over £200 per thou ?!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd not heard of them up to know but can't see that they're rebadged White Golds as these are over £200 per thou ?!
Well i thought that so i bought some to use on sunday, The case is the same and so is the brass, the quoted FPS is the same and the Observed Velocity is the same so i cant disagree with what i was told thus far.

Well i thought that so i bought some to use on sunday, The case is the same and so is the brass, the quoted FPS is the same and the Observed Velocity is the same so i cant disagree with what i was told thus far.
The main difference between premium and budget is usually the shot itself coupled to less recoil punch gained via powder quality.

True, I bought 1000 for practice so we will see, for a lowly C class shooter such as myself they will be fine. I couldn't see any difference between the supurbs and the Gems but in Comps I will still be using supurbs. One less thing to use as an excuse.

Super Gems originate from Mid Wales Shooting Ground they have them loaded :thumbsup:   

Gamebore are clearly up for some tailored cartridges then. EJ Churchill have their new Hellfires, made by Gamebore. Other end of the price range though.

Got some in the gun cupboard..

wait for shortlegs too come on line , he has used them for along time nice smooth cartridge..the old welsh wizard always breaks long stuff no worrys with em.

I used super gems for many years and won a lot of comps with them. The main deference is, they do not contain Diamond shot they also use a different mix of powder. Super gems are loaded for Mwsc and are a very good value cartridge but they are no White Gold !!

Just a tip, I found they work far better with 1/2 choke.

They sound like the CS Sporting shells that are also (apparently) re badged White Gold without the diamond shot. I use these all the time through the Benelli and they are a very good shell for around £160/1000.

However i do find the Gamebore Evo quite a bit softer (and therefore nicer) to shoot through the OU but they're about £20/1000 more expensive.

I used Super Gems for a few years until supply became a problem in my neck of the woods. A good cartridge all the same, and would probably still use them if supply was not an issue.

(Same as White Gold apart from powder, and shot...so not like white gold then) haha

I now use CS Sporting 'Gold' I have heard these being sold along the lines of White Gold... it's any bodies guess. Again, a good cartridge, with good breaks at range. £196/1000

I guess if I was a retailer with my own branded cartridges to shift I would also jump on the back of White Gold #EveryLittleHelps

A good shell I found them smooth to shoot but some said they were a bit thumpy, as has been said I used them for quite sometime until supply was an issue locally, loaded for Jonathan @ mid wales SG which has been mentioned in earlier post but the ground is a two hour drive from me so not practical to get anymore.

I think they still sell them and they also had a super gem extreme which were an excellent load for fitasc but that supply dried up to, they do a super gem trap now which they say are similar in characteristics to the eley superb but not sure of the internal components but have not shot them so cant comment . 

I used the Evo's, both 7.5's and 9's almost exclusively last year and was really impressed, shoot good patterns (through my gun at least) and are soft on the shoulder.

I don't know the cartridge and haven't shot any game bore for many many years but an observation based on the above posts.

So they are the same as white gold apart from different shot and different powder ... So not the same at all then.

Just saying.

Just saying.

Latest posts

Back