Gordon recoil system - Gamebore Blue Diamond/Black Gold

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lloyd

Anyone else using Gamebore Blue Diamond/Black Gold with the Gordon recoil system finding that they’re difficult to eject?

Yesterday I thought there was something not quite right with my gun as it was proving really difficult to open. 

I removed the forend and removed the barrels to check to see if perhaps there was something causing it to bind, or lack of lubricant.

Once the cartridges were out, it was silky smooth to open, then I was told the the Gordon system swells on firing, which does make sense when you think about the structure of the shell.

I really like shooting the Blue Diamond, but this issue really does make me want to find something else.

I’ve shot the Gordon case Black Gold  game loads for 2 years now .  I’ve used them in my Mk38 trap , my Krieghoff , a borrowed 725 pro sport , and I’ve handed out more than a few boxes and never had a problem . 

Next time you shoot swap a box with someone and if they jam up in their gun it could be a batch issue . 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve shot the Gordon case Black Gold  game loads for 2 years now .  I’ve used them in my Mk38 trap , my Krieghoff , a borrowed 725 pro sport , and I’ve handed out more than a few boxes and never had a problem . 

Next time you shoot swap a box with someone and if they jam up in their gun it could be a batch issue . 
I’ll try that. I think you could be right. I haven’t experienced in the first slab I used, but this send one and third, I did.

Also, interesting you said you didn’t have this experience with your Krieghoff, as the Kreighoff shooter I was with said they found the Black Gold to be so difficult to eject it rendered them near impossible to use

Noted. I have a slab of Black Gold lying about, will try them out once I get a chance and keep an eye out for ejection issues. 

Update.

I emailed Gamebore and got an immediate reply from Lydia who has been very helpful.

The plan is to swap the remaining ones I have and get these back to Gamebore so they can check if there is a batch issue.

Good companies have few faults. The best companies deal with those few faults rapidly and exceed expectations.

Well done Gamebore and Lydia

Back