England Talent Pathway

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog Tyred

Wahooo!! Harry has been selected for a place on the England Talent Pathway :)  

Only problem is the first days coaching falls on the same weekend as the next UT selection shoot .....buggar!

Well done lad. I knew you could do it.

DT

Wahooo!! Harry has been selected for a place on the England Talent Pathway :)

Only problem is the first days coaching falls on the same weekend as the next UT selection shoot .....buggar!

Well done lad. I knew you could do it.

DT
Excellent, well done Harry :)

Typical joined up planning....putting a ETP on for trap.....on a day when a trap GBR selection shoot is on

Last edited:
I thought the same but didn't like to mention it.

I don't think the organisers would worry a MENSA test do you ?

Well done Harry! Keep up the good work.

And congratulations Dad for getting him there.   :biggrin:

Well after the initial euphoria about Harry bagging a place on the ETP it has been diluted somewhat by the news that everyone that went along to the assessment days has been accepted. Really pleased that piece of news made it out. Will do wonders for the kids confidence...not!  :dontknow:

After the first coaching day on Saturday it would seem that Harry's gun (32 inch Gold E X trap) is too long and too heavy for him to successfully shoot OT although he did shoot a 90 ex 100 UT with it on Sunday!!

So looking for a 30 inch MX2000/3 if someone has one going spare or is looking to upgrade to an X trap  :)

If any forum members are at Nuthampstead on Saturday for the next eight weeks be sure to come and say hello as I have hours of sitting around to fill (in between OT practice rounds of course) :)

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
He shot a fantastic 90 at Rugby. Brilliant shooting.

Who told you that it was wrong gun?

Why not look for MX8 (cheaper).

Last edited:
If any forum members are at Nuthampstead on Saturday for the next eight weeks be sure to come and say hello as I have hours of sitting around to fill (in between OT practice rounds of course) :)

DT
I'm there for an introduction to OT day with the Shotgun & Chelsea Bun Club on 2nd August so I will look out for you.

I'm there for an introduction to OT day with the Shotgun & Chelsea Bun Club on 2nd August so I will look out for you.
Sorry Liz but that is one of the few weekends we are not there! Hope you enjoy your day.

DT

Got PM thanks. Reply sent in case you miss it.

Well after the initial euphoria about Harry bagging a place on the ETP it has been diluted somewhat by the news that everyone that went along to the assessment days has been accepted. Really pleased that piece of news made it out. Will do wonders for the kids confidence...not!  :dontknow:

After the first coaching day on Saturday it would seem that Harry's gun (32 inch Gold E X trap) is too long and too heavy for him to successfully shoot OT although he did shoot a 90 ex 100 UT with it on Sunday!!

So looking for a 30 inch MX2000/3 if someone has one going spare or is looking to upgrade to an X trap  :)

DT
I think you'll find that the numbers gradually decrease as time will show those that are really commited and those that aren't. I've heard that two have already fallen by the wayside. It sounds as if Harry is doing really well, has he met up with Nathan Hales yet? He is also doing extremely well. He shot the competition on the Sunday after the first training day and was equal first with 93, did the same thing last weekend and came equal 4th with another 93 beating some top shots along the way.

It's really good that something is being done for these youngsters at last. I'm sure that they will do us proud.

Nathan is already a triple World and European Champion (in a row) and also a current World Champion (senior). That lad can shoot whatever 'trap' you put in front of him plus......and more importantly he has had coaching from Caludio Capaldo.

He will move up through the ranks quite quickly i forecast.....

Cracking scores already.....and he is used to handling the mental approach and the big crowds watching shoot offs. That alone puts him up front. 

I think you'll find that the numbers gradually decrease as time will show those that are really commited and those that aren't. I've heard that two have already fallen by the wayside. It sounds as if Harry is doing really well, has he met up with Nathan Hales yet? He is also doing extremely well. He shot the competition on the Sunday after the first training day and was equal first with 93, did the same thing last weekend and came equal 4th with another 93 beating some top shots along the way.

It's really good that something is being done for these youngsters at last. I'm sure that they will do us proud.
Thanks HS 

Not met Nathan yet but I think I know which one he is after watching for a while. Yes he does shoot incredibly well and I have already noticed his recent OT scores. Not sure about the first place on Sunday though as the comp was won by Dave Izzard with a 96 and there were a couple of 94's in as well. He certainly won D class and was joint fourth overall. Very impressive and he will go straight into A class next time around. If he sticks at it (OT) he will certainly ruffle a few feathers in next years selection shoots.

Didin't do a head count on Saturday so not sure who has dropped out. It's not compulsory to attend ever week so we will see how the numbers go as time goes on.The plan currently is to stick with it but we will have to see how Harry progresses. 

Totally agree with you about something being done for the up and coming stars of tomorrow. Its just going to make it more difficult to get into the team...which is how it should be.

DT

Latest posts

Back