EJ Churchill News

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Firstly, the ESP registered shoot on Thursday 3rd October has entry times 10am - 4pm (due to winter light).

If you know the ground you will be familiar with the small multisport area (between what is called 'the East' and the 'Harry' stand). Well, it is gone! In its place is a huge hole, 7 metres, or 23 foot deep, with a rectangular bottom in two levels and large sloping sides. Quite spectacular. I got dizzy looking in! It's main function is to present a great position from which to shoot the main tower, which is being raised by about 20 feet, giving a nice high tower effect. Other targets will also be used around it. It is due for completion roughly around the time of the next reg shoot, but not sure if it will be in use then. Worth seeing and another nice bit of progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't make next thurs , damn shame as I look forward to this as a good social afternoon out will do the next one in nov

Will are you coming up this week at all ???

Can't make next thurs , damn shame as I look forward to this as a good social afternoon out will do the next one in nov

Will are you coming up this week at all ???
Hi,

Can't get away on Friday but interested in the weekend. Been behind the game with planning.. Any availability?

Firstly, the ESP registered shoot on Thursday 3rd October has entry times 10am - 4pm (due to winter light).

If you know the ground you will be familiar with the small multisport area (between what is called 'the East' and the 'Harry' stand). Well, it is gone! In its place is a huge hole, 7 metres, or 23 foot deep, with a rectangular bottom in two levels and large sloping sides. Quite spectacular. I got dizzy looking in! It's main function is to present a great position from which to shoot the main tower, which is being raised by about 20 feet, giving a nice high tower effect. Other targets will also be used around it. It is due for completion roughly around the time of the next reg shoot, but not sure if it will be in use then. Worth seeing and another nice bit of progress.
Sounds like early preparations for next May! Will be there next Thurs if shoulder has improved - and hoping for a miraculous recovery for sat/sun!

Hoping to do this and try out the new mircuckoo. :hunter:

Weather for tomorrow looks OK, especially earlier. Hope the new 'hole' stand is ready. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Weather for tomorrow looks OK, especially earlier. Hope the new 'hole' stand is ready. :)
Not sure how tomorrows going to pan out,but if i can get away might jump in with you two?,if that's ok .

Well shot Wil !! 88 was a good score round there.That was a bit trickier than it looked,heard Chris C shot 91.

Nice to meet you Hamid.

Well shot Wil !! 88 was a good score round there.That was a bit trickier than it looked,heard Chris C shot 91.

Nice to meet you Hamid.
Cheers mate. Very enjoyable squad today.

Lots of subtle angles (yes I know that sounds like a cliche) so what looked fairly easy was hard to fill a card with. Scores were a bit lower than it looked. Kicking myself for dropping two on stand 1 as it was pretty easy. Grrr..

Any idea how Alex Cobb and Fred Townsend got on? They were out there when I left.

Nice squad guys :)  , very good round just a tiny spoiler with the rain near the end.

Cheers mate. Very enjoyable squad today.

Lots of subtle angles (yes I know that sounds like a cliche) so what looked fairly easy was hard to fill a card with. Scores were a bit lower than it looked. Kicking myself for dropping two on stand 1 as it was pretty easy. Grrr..

Any idea how Alex Cobb and Fred Townsend got on? They were out there when I left.
Good shooting Will! Nice to see you Banger and look forward to you updating your profile picture soon. Also, a mention about Tim A who did a PB today (next time, don't go birds only!)

Well shot chaps , just sorry I could not be there but will be on next one , well done will , how others get on ????

Back