HPX Perazzi review.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a RSR. Got it in december and took part in Italy euro championship fitasc compak in april. On second day I shot my first straight 25 on that level comp and did it 3 times that day and fourth time on sunday. A lot of that good perfomance comes from my HPX RSR superb suitability and shootability. That second day 40 targets of 75 was sim pairs. 

I had the first fitting session yesterday for my new 33" HPX DSR, it really felt good and great to pick something new up and just break targets. The DSR gives fabulous visibility of the target and gives loads of confidence, like you know the target is broken as pull the trigger.    The gun is still to be balanced, the stock finalised and finished with a pad fitted and the triggers to be tuned so its only going to get better.  A couple of images of the gun in its raw, unfinished state:

2015-06-10%2010.24.49_zpsn1eaqvzy.jpg

2015-06-10%2010.25.08_zps96gnb6yl.jpg

Heard the Boss had gone down West..........looks like he forgot to pack the HPX tablecloth!

Nice piece of kit..........enjoy B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard the Boss had gone down West..........looks like he forgot to pack the HPX tablecloth!

Nice piece of kit..........enjoy B)
​Ah yes, there was a struggle to find a 'viable' table of any description, his trusty Jeep was in dock as well but JJ was coping admirably all the same :)

Interesting -  that rib looks MUCH higher than my RSR.
​It is noticeably so, there was a chap there who had driven up from the far west of Cornwall to try an RSR for the 1st time and he and I did a few stands with JJ so and I could see the RSR up close in comparison....  Its nice to see another shooter have that 'it just works perfectly' experience that you, like I, have also had.

Last edited by a moderator:
The DSR is 9mm - 10mm wherever you prefer to read it from. Squimp........I'm guessing your RSR is the High Vision version which is 6mm - 7mm.

I had the Extreme Vision RSR which is 9mm - 10mm. The DSR is the new version built around the EV RSR.

P1000174.JPG

The DSR is 9mm - 10mm wherever you prefer to read it from. Squimp........I'm guessing your RSR is the High Vision version which is 6mm - 7mm.

I had the Extreme Vision RSR which is 9mm - 10mm. The DSR is the new version built around the EV RSR.

View attachment 4964
Simbo. Are you a Painter & Decorator by any chance?

Just guessing?? They're the only guys in the trade that would run out 16 ft of tape to measure something 2" wide!!  :D

FAO Ian Lawrence!   :p

The only Purdy I will ever own :cry:

P1000277.JPG

FAO Ian Lawrence!   :p

The only Purdy I will ever own :cry:

View attachment 4978
Ahhhh! The tape thing makes sense now. Not as bad as I thought.

A friend of mine is saving hard for a RSR but it may be some time before he has raised the funds. He's recently been trying to sell off his wife and his house, but so far has not raised a high enough offer to cover the cost. I advised him he would have to sell his dog too, but he says he'll just have to wait, as some things are not for sale!  :angel:

If you're curious how a rsr works and don't want to buy one. Make a block about 5 mm high and the width of your rib, with a bead on top and fix it on the end of your barrel. Exactly the same principal and a few grand less.

Thanks Charlie

I do though fail to see, how Mauro Perazzi would allow his factory to manufacturer HPX barrels if they were a Gimmick, Hoax or Pure Snake Oil.
HAHAHAHA - that is so funny!!  You throw down the $ and Perazzi will build you a rib that looks like a camel's back or anything else that catches your fancy.  They are in business to make $ and a few goofy ribs at a premium are just what the bean counters love.

Get real, dude.  Money will buy you any gun configuration you can imagine.  

" If you're curious how a rsr works and don't want to buy one. Make a block about 5 mm high and the width of your rib, with a bead on top and fix it on the end of your barrel. Exactly the same principal and a few grand less."

John has a new model available  now 'The RSR Lego'

If only it were that simple !

John Jefferies has spent a considerable amount of time and money perfecting his gun , it certainly works for some as does the high rib guns available from other manufacturers .

It is all about what suits you, what you can adapt to or require .

A good maxim to remember would be 'Don't knock it till you have tried it.'

Latest posts

Back