HPX Perazzi review.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw John Jeffries at the Classic comp yesterday and he said that big name shots are coming to his stand and asking about the DSR, getting fitted up with the adjustable demo gun and heading out to the layouts only to reappear sometime later absolutely enthralled with what they have experienced/achieved against extremely challenging targets.  He said that he doesn't have to spend ages having to explain the principles any more, people just want to experience it for themselves.

I spoke to him a couple years a go about the block on the end and was surprised I said about it. He said he had made some himself for experimenting on the rsr idea 

I saw John Jeffries using his a month or so ago at Mill Farm near Pevensey.  If I see him again I think I'll see if he's up for a chat.  Just got an unexpected bonus and it's burning a hole in my pocket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like sitting through that boring seminar on your birthday Jenny has paid off! :clover:

Go for it Bebo, the buying experience with JJ is genuinely enlightening and results in the ownership of a gun made specifically for you.  Because the guns are made to order for John and Perazzi offer a myriad of options (i.e. there are 5 bore sizes for 12g alone) you can have exactly what you need/want with zero compromise in any aspect.

I'll pick my DSR up tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to getting re-acquainted again following the 1st fitting session a few weeks ago.

Picked the DSR up yesterday from JJ at the South Worcestershire Shooting ground (what a friendly team there - John & Pauline I think, made me a coffee as I'd got there really early, like two hours before they officially opened).

The gun looks great, great wood, beautifully balanced and the trigger pulls tuned to perfection (noticeably better than in stock form at the first fitting session) with zero play for either barrel.  The perfect balance means that you are never aware of 33" barrels but its super easy to swing.

The DSR seems to defy logic in a sense, being able to pick a new gun up and zap fast driven midis of a 100+ft tower with ease its just plain weird.  Now looking forward to Saturday and a round or two with my regular shooting friends.

'Newgunitis' is surely going set in at some point... :???:

After some thought I've decided to ask JJ to sell my 33" SR1 (MX12, nickel coloured action, Briley multi-choke, adj comb and beaver tail fore end) which in itself a beautiful gun so you may see it on his web site before too long. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to try a trap version of this re-invented wheel cos I still struggle with the concept.

not saying anything derogatory just admitting I don't fully understand it.

I have to admit when I started down this road in 2012 I didn't understand it, went and had a demo and understood it even less well except it seemed easier to break targets.   Now I know that its achieved with a combination of non-conventional rib designs and a revised stock configuration that is perhaps more dependent on a correctly fitted set-up than the convention that has gone before.  You do need to be aware that I was hugely cynical when I first tried an HPX, I just didn't want to believe that it could be so different.  Now having had a couple of fitting sessions and shared the experience with others shooting an HPX for the 1st time I realise that I'm not alone.

You do have to try it for yourself ips.

Ian Peel tried the RSR a couple of years ago......... 25 ex 25 straight out the box!

Speaking to John he believes that the new DSR would be even better for trap disciplines as well as sporting with maybe just an added centre bead if that's your thing.

The HPX trade stand will once again be at this years GameFair. 31st July-2nd August at Harewood House with Rebecca Sealey helping out the boss, so why not pop in and say hello if you're passing.

Also the brand new and very special "HPX ELITE" will be showcased at the Fair..............one for the Game Fraternity!!!

yes Ian was impressed with it BUT not enough to buy one !!!

It was the only trap story that I know of with a shooter using an HPX.

It would be pointless him changing guns when his current model gives him 100% kills week in week out..........

Thanks a lot mate............just as I get you nicely settled back into sporting you go and mention the T word !!!

Latest posts

Back