Cristian Ghilli,

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonz

Very sad to read that Cristian Ghilli junior world Skeet champion has died in a shooting accident in Italy, according to a report he was picking up empty cartridges and shot him self in the stomach which seem very strange but it’s a sad loss to the shooting world however it happened 

I heard the same, an accident whilst hunting I believe. My thoughts are with his friends, family and the Italian Shooting Federation. 

Not since the sad demise of Miloslav Bednařík has clay shooting lost such a young talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t for the life of me work out how that would even be possible? 

Terrible shame.

Perhaps gun was over his shoulder (in a slip or on a sling strap). As you bend forward to pick something up, the gun falls forward off the shoulder and the impact made it fire. Total supposition, but I’ve actually done this myself although with an empty gun of course. (And it’s usually my BAG that falls off my shoulder not the gun).

There was a chap a few years ago who shot himself in the foot. Apparently he had the open gun, with cartridges in, resting on the bar of the cage while he waited his turn (I think in STR). The gun fell forward, closed as it hit the floor and fired back at his foot.

Last edited by a moderator:
We could go on and on with how it may have happend, but it will all come out if we wait and see and not suppose, Whichever a tragic accident and loss of life

If rifle or shotgun doesn't matter at close range. A tragic loss of a young talented man.

And a warning to all shooters: Never loose attention to gun safety.

Latest posts

Back