How things have changed on here.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blimey, makes me feel very fortunate. I’ve three registered trap grounds within an hour, including East Yorkshire GC which probably wins the prize for the best in the country. Beyond that there’s another three within 2 hours.
You lucky sod, mind you there always was more trap shooting up north. 

We are in Kent and Southdown for us is about an hour, Dartford is about the same due to the dreaded tunnel!  If we want to do a registered we either have to go to Barrow which is still about 1 3/4 hours, or travel to Owls, about an hour and half on a good day or we are going to Coleys, Churchills, Barbury or Westfield but they are hours away.  At a shoot last month it took us 3 hours to get to Barbury.  We have nothing “decent” in this area at all so if we want to shoot good targets we have to travel.  

We are in Kent and Southdown for us is about an hour, Dartford is about the same due to the dreaded tunnel!  If we want to do a registered we either have to go to Barrow which is still about 1 3/4 hours, or travel to Owls, about an hour and half on a good day or we are going to Coleys, Churchills, Barbury or Westfield but they are hours away.  At a shoot last month it took us 3 hours to get to Barbury.  We have nothing “decent” in this area at all so if we want to shoot good targets we have to travel.  
I used to travel all over the place years ago. But that was back when I was younger and fuel was cheaper. 
Not only that, I get bored with driving these days. 

Luckily Les, we both drive so can share but it’s getting harder to keep sane on the dreaded M25!   When we started shooting first time round many years ago we would think nothing of going to Derbyshire, Grimsthorpe, Southern Counties or Wyle Valley  every week, getting up at silly o’clock and getting back ready to go to bed as working the next day!  Last week we done Coleys on the Saturday and Westfield on Sunday, we stayed overnight as cheaper than going home and back again.  We are trying to get later squad times so we don’t get caught up too much in rush hour! 

I used to travel all over the place years ago. But that was back when I was younger and fuel was cheaper. 
Not only that, I get bored with driving these days. 
Ditto Les, and linked to the fact that I had company cars for most of my working life so free fuel ( what a culture shock when I retired) but now living on the East coast with East Yorks ground (Beverley) only 30mins away and what a ground.

I do recall a lady shooter on here who used to be a very keen ZZ / Helice competitor but I cannot remember her name, again a very active member, is she still around. I think she was involved with the CPSA but I could be wrong there.

Luckily Les, we both drive so can share but it’s getting harder to keep sane on the dreaded M25!   When we started shooting first time round many years ago we would think nothing of going to Derbyshire, Grimsthorpe, Southern Counties or Wyle Valley  every week, getting up at silly o’clock and getting back ready to go to bed as working the next day!  Last week we done Coleys on the Saturday and Westfield on Sunday, we stayed overnight as cheaper than going home and back again.  We are trying to get later squad times so we don’t get caught up too much in rush hour! 
That’s a lot of miles!!! 

Ditto Les, and linked to the fact that I had company cars for most of my working life so free fuel ( what a culture shock when I retired) but now living on the East coast with East Yorks ground (Beverley) only 30mins away and what a ground.

I do recall a lady shooter on here who used to be a very keen ZZ / Helice competitor but I cannot remember her name, again a very active member, is she still around. I think she was involved with the CPSA but I could be wrong there.
Yeah I shot East Yorks back in the old days, good place to shoot. 
I think the lady you’re referring to is Nicola Heron. I’ve not heard anything of her in years. A good shot and very outspoken. 😂

Nicola is a CPSA director, still very active. I see her around the sporting shoots from time to time but she does like doing some more obscure stuff abroad a lot also.

Nicola is a CPSA director, still very active. I see her around the sporting shoots from time to time but she does like doing some more obscure stuff abroad a lot also.
Glad she’s still around Will. Yeah I remember she was involved in some foreign stuff years back. 

Shame she's not still here. She was/is a direct link to cpsa. Which needs to engage the membership more. 

Jasper. 

That’s a lot of miles!!! 

Yeah I shot East Yorks back in the old days, good place to shoot. 
I think the lady you’re referring to is Nicola Heron. I’ve not heard anything of her in years. A good shot and very outspoken. 😂
Yes you got it Les, Nicola Heron, I liked her input and was going to go to Rugby to have a go at ZZ as she shot it there but never got round to it. 

Shame she's not still here. She was/is a direct link to cpsa. Which needs to engage the membership more. 

Jasper. 
The CPSA used to be very good at engaging the membership back in the 80’s and 90’s. 
I’m no longer a member but before my membership lapsed I seem to remember that a new guy became the head honcho and they tried to re invent themselves. 
As far as I was concerned it didn’t work. 

The CPSA used to be very good at engaging the membership back in the 80’s and 90’s. 
I’m no longer a member but before my membership lapsed I seem to remember that a new guy became the head honcho and they tried to re invent themselves. 
As far as I was concerned it didn’t work. 
Was also a member back in the early late 80s early 90s, can’t say had that much engagement with the CPSA at the time, now what with the jolly ( and not so jolly ) post /  internet / facebook/ twitter communication is near constant, my few instances of a need to contact CPSA have all had a quite speedy response. 

Was also a member back in the early late 80s early 90s, can’t say had that much engagement with the CPSA at the time, now what with the jolly ( and not so jolly ) post /  internet / facebook/ twitter communication is near constant, my few instances of a need to contact CPSA have all had a quite speedy response. 
Glad it’s working well for you.👍

So you know there's a vote to change the articles  ??? 

How well has that proposal been explained to you???

I always receive good service from the staff etc. But that's not the same as engaging the membership. 

Jasper. 

So you know there's a vote to change the articles  ??? 

How well has that proposal been explained to you???

I always receive good service from the staff etc. But that's not the same as engaging the membership. 

Jasper. 
Well yes as it’s been sent to I and I’d imagine all members that have chosen to be sent information by email. It’s not a full comprehensive detailed email I’d admit but it does give a summary of what’s proposed to vote yes/no on. Sadly out of the 20,000 plus members there won’t be many that actually care a jot about this or indeed much at all about the CPSA other than their classification, and no not for one moment do I think that that’s good, far from it.

Glad it’s working well for you.👍
Well for my level of interaction I’m a happy bunny, am aware that not all experiences are same 

Back