Trap / DTL etiquette

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screw the bins.  Ejectors were invented so we don't have to bother with the empties.  Overpaid range personnel and outrageous entry fees can take care of that later.

Screw the bins.  Ejectors were invented so we don't have to bother with the empties.  Overpaid range personnel and outrageous entry fees can take care of that later.
Hey Charlie there is a limit though... I was doing some practice when a shooter using a semi was wizzing his empties past my nose, I was on five he was on two ! Outrageous ban them🤣

• Haha
Reactions: ips
Is this really a thing? Blimey glad I don’t shoot DTL if putting your cartridges in the bin is enough to trigger a comment. 🤷🏻‍♂️🙈

It can also trigger the mike.
Yes it can defo trigger a sensitively set micro. Thing is if you discard the empties in a sensible way there is no problem and if the next shooter is in some way distracted by this perfectly legitimate act he or she is not concentrating on their objective. Most of the grounds I shoot at have none ridged baskets now so noise is no longer an issue provided as I said the cartridges are deposited in a sensible way.  

Is this really a thing? Blimey glad I don’t shoot DTL if putting your cartridges in the bin is enough to trigger a comment. 🤷🏻‍♂️🙈
Wait and see what happens when you DON'T put yer cartridges in the bin   !       😯

They don't arf get upset when your trying to get yer empties from between their feet with one of them 'Gripstick' thingies too.  Mind you, I have learned a lesson....................I make sure I have a tin of Vaseline in me skeet vest pocket   !      :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!  Now this is where the shooters can win the hearts of the the Olympic Committee!  Remember my suggestion about barely pubescent girls in painted on costumes being the center of all of the Olympic attention and that if shooters wanted to make any gains they'd need to get the girls in the program somehow to make the IOC perves pay attention?  Have the girls pick up the empties ! ! !  Or leap to catch them ! !  Hey - we're talking IOC approval gold here.

Either adjust the mic, or line the bins with acoustic foam. Sorted. 

Apart from triggering the mic, which would rightly upset the shooter, I’d consider most other distractions par for the course. Sure, bad manners persist, but it’s not like a personal dead quiet zone extending so many feet out from your shooting position is to be expected (although the front half of that circle tends to stay devoid of people). Crowds, fellow shooters and shots ringing out (on a shooting range even) shouldn’t rob you of focus, but if they do at least you have something to blame the miss on 😄  

What     A     Bunch     Of      Pussies     !  !  !  

Crybaby1_zps1dc00cde.gif

You act like you're golfers or sumpin !

Just grow a pair and shoot the Foo King Target fer crissake.  It is a GAME, not a path to fame, fortune, or world domination

prolly not JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
What     A     Bunch     Of      Pussies     !  !  !  

You act like you're golfers or sumpin !

Just grow a pair and shoot the Foo King Target fer crissake.  It is a GAME, not a path to fame, fortune, or world domination

prolly not JMO
A game Charlie?!??? No no no.......I was always told trap shooting was serious stuff! 😂

Latest posts

Back