Countback

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
remember the system called shoot offs     people used to enjoy em   and its fare  and it can be done and dusted in a couple of stands  !    ah the good old days  :lol:  

From the cpsa today

Hi Martyn,

It is clear to us that we obviously should have clarified exactly what the Count-Back process should be and how it should be used. It is not correct that it was left open to interpretation for any shoot whether a one day registered shoot or a  County, Regional or National championship.

We have now with immediate effect obtained board approval and adjusted Rule 1.10 to include the following:

‘Count-back’

Ties to be resolved by count-back will be determined by scores (hits or points) as recorded on a ‘stand-by-stand’ or ‘layout-by-layout’ basis sequentially from the last stand / layout of a competition to the first.

Failing this, these ties will then be determined on a ‘shot-by-shot’ (hit or loss) basis sequentially from the last target of the competition to the first.

Should any perfect score ties remain a shoot-off will need to be arranged to determine these ties.

This has also been put on our website as a news item and we will notify all shooting grounds.

With regard to the results of the North Region Sportrap Championships it will be up to the Regional Committee how to resolve the results and correct them if they decide to, as the above rule adjustment was not in place at the time of the event. I will however make the recommendation that the above rule is used.

Thank you for bringing this oversight to the rules on our part to our attention.

It is also clear in the rules (2.60 – 2.66) that a jury should be appointed and I will remind North of England CTC and the Regional Committee of this requirement.

Kind regards

Stuart

erm,, a question i have for you all, i thought there was a `super squad` shoot off for ESP ? maybe only for bigger comps`, but surely that is part of the fun, in that it should be part of any 100+ target comp, regardless? keeps up interest, and keeps the hopefuls around for prize giving, etc.

good point. i see the british open has a final on Sunday for all qualifiers, that's good.

I genuinely don't have an alternative apart from the order of the stands used being decided before the shoot commences and shown on a board does seem sensible.

The only other issue I have seen is where some poor sod has waited at the ground all day just in case he is need for a shoot off only to be told the other guy has gone home so they are using count back and he lost. 
In this case (usually) if one person is present for a shoot off but the others are not there, there name will be called 3 times. If they don't come ford to shoot, who ever did arrive wins via default. I won English Open via Default

Back