Cost of Registered Shoots

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well would I expect any thing else from you bigoted lot !

most grounds own virtually nothing but a bit of machinery if you do it properly you own the ground ,you open more than once a fortnight or use the ground for another activity ( as some do ) run corporate shoots ,club shoots offer training and lessons and could have 2000 members now that's how to run a business .
Deershooter you NEED to take a reality pill. I've never read so much crap in my life......and before you start....I have had a long life....

I support the grounds that provide

good targets

a safe environment

somewhere where I can chill and chew the fat with other shooters

Not seen many clay shoot organisers riding bikes or running £500 motors ,they day they charge £40 around here will be the day registered shooting dies .They should do away with birds only and high gun prize and keep it in the classes  

150 shooters @ £35 each               £5250

15 trappers @ £50                            £750

16000 clays @ £60 per 1000             £960 

score cards ancillaries                        £50 

total £1760

£5250 - £1760 = £3490 gross profit 

if you don't like the heat get out of the fire ,it's as expensive as it needs to be 

before you all harp on about rent you should buy your own land as in the end you have something to see for your money and can use it more than one day a fortnight 

You can easily kill the goose that lays the golden egg !
If it is so easy and so lucrative, why don't you set up your own shoot? You seem to be the expert......

Keeping it constructive.. Deer shooter has it almost right line by line, but he is just missing a lot more lines.. Such as all the start up cost for capital expenditure, maintenance, extraordinary funds etc..

A friend has invested over £100K in the last six years at his ground, but unfortunately he has not seen anything like that in return. Luckily, he didn't give up his day job!

Another has spent ten's of thousands fighting the council against closure, due to noise...........thankfully he won.

It's a tough job but someone's gotta do it............just glad it ain't me............unless of course, those numbers come up!  :wub:

Just looking for a bucket.... as P####ng myself laughing at our learned friends costing.....

A Trap ground....

4 OT layouts    Building of (and I mean built not Zinc sheets) = £25,000

Traps for above  Cheapest at the moment is £17000 per layout dearest is £32000  so average traps = £96000 with no spares

Electronics =£8000

Land purchase for the ground £40000+

Clubhouse = £10000+

Maintenance + upkeep = £7500 yearly minimum

Insurance £5000 per year

Wages £80,000 per year

Electricity £5500 per year

Rates £4500 poss more

So year 1 costs = £281,500.00

Then you have clays per shoot etc to add.

I know a ground who did this, it took 20+ years to get to a clear set of books, then its time to replace all the traps.......

Shooting clays never has been cheap, but it brings a good return of enjoyment for your money in comparison to other sports

A days shooting

Entry £40

Fuel £50

Ammo £35 ish

Food £15 unless your a porker

So for £140 you get 5-6 hours enjoyment so £23.33 an hour

I was a diver for a long time, so here is a comparison

Gas for a deep dive £150 +

Boat fees £50

Fuel £50+ as its all at sea so sometimes £100+

Food £25 As its usually 5 am till late

Time actually diving on the wreck 25 minutes  the rest is all travelling

So that compares at £650 an hour.........

:wink:  

Just looking for a bucket.... as P####ng myself laughing at our learned friends costing.....

A Trap ground....

4 OT layouts    Building of (and I mean built not Zinc sheets) = £25,000

Traps for above  Cheapest at the moment is £17000 per layout dearest is £32000  so average traps = £96000 with no spares

Electronics =£8000

Land purchase for the ground £40000+

Clubhouse = £10000+

Maintenance + upkeep = £7500 yearly minimum

Insurance £5000 per year

Wages £80,000 per year

Electricity £5500 per year

Rates £4500 poss more

So year 1 costs = £281,500.00

Then you have clays per shoot etc to add.

I know a ground who did this, it took 20+ years to get to a clear set of books, then its time to replace all the traps.......

Shooting clays never has been cheap, but it brings a good return of enjoyment for your money in comparison to other sports

A days shooting

Entry £40

Fuel £50

Ammo £35 ish

Food £15 unless your a porker

So for £140 you get 5-6 hours enjoyment so £23.33 an hour

I was a diver for a long time, so here is a comparison

Gas for a deep dive £150 +

Boat fees £50

Fuel £50+ as its all at sea so sometimes £100+

Food £25 As its usually 5 am till late

Time actually diving on the wreck 25 minutes  the rest is all travelling

So that compares at £650 an hour.........

:wink:  
Trimix really takes the fun out of it, especially if blown out and next week is deeper. 

Im happy paying the prices for 3 reasons, 

1.i enjoy it 

2.i want to get as high as i can in the sport

3. Meeting people with the same intrests 

if people dont like the prices dont go ! Its simple 

I can think of other sports or hobbies what would cost as much 

i can imagine it being quite stressful for ground owners and course setters with breakdowns , hoping people are going to enjoy it ,trying to put on a shoot what suits everyone,really find it pathetic that people go home and try to work out the ground owners profit and his expenses 

A friend and I took over Rixton & Astley Shooting Club in June this year.

Excluding the purchase cost of assets etc. we've now gone through around £65,000.

Money has been spent on new traps, catering provision improvements, car park improvements, health and safety, signage,ground maintenance and security; website.

We currently have 3 more traps on order to allow us to increase to a 60 bird shoot and create more variety.

Members frequently comment that we have transformed the place.

It's a hobby business for Mark and I.  So far the only thing that we've had out of the place is several headaches, a cup of tea and bacon buttie and a lot of graft.

We are far for reaching our completion goal and have more improvements planned for 2016 all of which require funding.

The weather plays a big role in deciding a shoot days financial viability.  The recent spell of severe weather has cost us serious money to open and run at a loss rather than cancel a shoot day and disappoint members.  I doubt that our ground will ever be CPSA Registered and so Registered Shoots won't be an issue, but achieving the required standard is certainly our goal.

webber

www.astleygunclub.co.uk

I shot a local straw bale shoot today 100 targets over 12 stands not the best setup but still some interesting stands. £25 including hot food in the local pub afterwards. No wonder there was over 200 people there.

Latest posts

Back