Cartridge price increases now getting silly

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RC4 per 1k
Just Cart uk £379.00
Other suppliers selling them for around £340.00.(no carriage)
Using them in italy earlier this week bought a the ground :-£275.00 1K.
🤔
Most of the makes were similarly less than the UK.

Plenty of news items now appearing about various companies and business sectors profiteering, Fuel and energy costs which were the biggest financial driver on inflation now decreasing. However prices of goods remain stable and companies posting increased profits on their accounts. Makes you wonder doesn't it.

It does seem the UK is at the wrong end of that stick. By comparison, the latest prices I see in my email from a 'free delivery >2.000 shells' supplier (in the Netherlands) is EUR 270 / 1K Fiocchi F Steel (GBP 232 / 1K), being among cheapest option, and EUR 321 / 1K for my preferred cartridges (GBP 275 / 1K). Gamebore are at the dearer end, 24grams White Gold 9's coming in at EUR 349 / 1K (GBP 299 / 1K). From what I'm reading here that seems cheaper by a margin, although I can't really compare as we have to buy steel, whereas I am assuming most here are buying lead shells.

It was back in January when they were doing their winter series shoots.

Have you been recently?

Thanks
March was an easier shoot. Last one I did was April where it was all good. Average stat score was 77 which is about right I think, as were May and June I think. But last one was 67! So very firm really.

I'm at Trap Concaverde, Lonato, Italy shooting the Perazzi OT Grand Mondiale. Bought RC4 24gm at the ground for 328 euros a thousand with my exchange rate of 1.16 that works out at £282.

I also bought 1k of Official Trap 28gm at Castelgofreddo to take to Spain for the World UT Championships which is our next port of call after leaving Lonato for 320 euros so £275 these are £325 in my local gunshop and I believe others too.

Pity I'm not driving a truck instead of a motorhome😁

I'm at Trap Concaverde, Lonato, Italy shooting the Perazzi OT Grand Mondiale. Bought RC4 24gm at the ground for 328 euros a thousand with my exchange rate of 1.16 that works out at £282.

I also bought 1k of Official Trap 28gm at Castelgofreddo to take to Spain for the World UT Championships which is our next port of call after leaving Lonato for 320 euros so £275 these are £325 in my local gunshop and I believe others too.

Pity I'm not driving a truck instead of a motorhome😁
Should have gone to San Fruttuoso 20 mins down the road. They are cheaper there. 😎

Should have gone to San Fruttuoso 20 mins down the road. They are cheaper there. 😎
I think you'll find that TAV San Fruttuoso is the shooting ground Castelgofreddo where I bought the Officials.
I've been going there for 30 plus years. Mary shot against Laura Chiti back in 1991 when they were in their respective national teams and have been friends ever since. We always go there for a shoot, cartridges and lunch whenever in this part of Italy.
However, I'd have wasted more euros in fuel getting there and back in the motorhome on Monday when I wanted the RC4s than the odd couple of euros I'd have saved on cartridges. My jaunt there yesterday was courtesy of Mr Fletton who chauffeured me in exchange for lunch. 😁😁😁

Just picked up my gun(service) from a local, ground . Which is very nice , Open for practice and lessons, Nice gun room. Nice clubhouse. (think range rover set) And it's absolutely dead. No practice going on. No-one on lessons. In fact no shots fired at all whilst I was there. As a consequence Nobody milling around , chatting, perusing the gunroom . Nothing, nada.

Shame.

They did a lovely job on my sxs. (More on that later) with a speedy turnaround. They are lovely and polite and seem to value the custom. I Don't see how they could make the experience better.

But its still dead. Could hear a pin drop.

A sign of things to come unless something drastically changes.

Jasper.
I’m very suspicious of these huge price increases, there’s plenty of talk being bounded about that the authorities are trying to reduce the amount of gun ownership in the uk maybe just maybe the cartridge companies have been approached maybe, it would be an easy way to achieve this, as the majority of shooters are working class and just cannot afford this sport anymore, many gun rooms are being inundated by people wanting to sell there guns and calling it a day. I may well be wrong but nothing surprises me anymore.

I’m very suspicious of these huge price increases, there’s plenty of talk being bounded about that the authorities are trying to reduce the amount of gun ownership in the uk maybe just maybe the cartridge companies have been approached maybe, it would be an easy way to achieve this, as the majority of shooters are working class and just cannot afford this sport anymore, many gun rooms are being inundated by people wanting to sell there guns and calling it a day. I may well be wrong but nothing surprises me anymore.
And the companies would agree to be put out of business. Nothing more sinister than companies profiteering, people are just not going to keep paying the prices and are giving up, grounds around here are very quite.
UK 'aka' Treasure Island for a lot of companies :)

Bought some Lyalvale Express today

20b 21g fibre. £312/1000
12b 21g Super Light fibre £264/1000

Steve.

Steve.

I would urge everyone in Essex/`east Anglia to look at Clarkes of Walsham for cartridges. Some very good pricing and you can collect them from their outlet at Jimmy’s Farm or their main office near Bury st Edmonds. I bought several thousand cartridge’s from them last year and the saving paid for the fuel and my lunch twice over against my local gun shop and I got a day out in the country.

At Lonato today and bought Fiocchi black at €70 good price when get up to T4 carts you are talking 80 € still very fair compared to what I have to shell out in France.

we sell fiocchi litespeeds fibre wads for £65.00 a slab or £260.00 per thousand, available near Folkestone, or Dover Sunday most Mornings.

Latest posts

Back