APATHY STILL ORDER OF THE DAY

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You missed it ...

This year the Sussex CPSA regional AGM will be held at Southdown Gun Club at Muntham Farm, North End, Findon, BN14 ORQ on Monday 3rd February 2014 from 19:30hrs for a 20:00hrs start, refreshments will be provided.
That would be an interesting drive on the Sunday evening then!

Mart

Mart
Haha....it was lifted word for word off their own county website....so you would presume that they knew when they were meeting :laugh:

Mart
Didn't think you'd get more than about 30 people into the clubhouse there.

The last line of Gg's post is telling, 'i do hope that the committee can find ways of engaging with the membership'. As a brand new member in January one would think I was fertile ground for being 'engaged' with but I was unaware that there were even county organisations until I got involved with various forums.

Oh Gawd, this all sounds SO familiar! ( Sailing and gliding being other pursuits and I spent a couple of years on a National representative body for my troubles )

Ah well, a round planned for lunchtime today at Northall and visits to both Hickstead and Southdown for registered comps on Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was my first AGM which got me wondering what the vehicle that was the meeting could be used for. What sort of things would you want at an AGM?

It seems a number of members were frustrated at small, some might say petty issues that stopped them coming. People seem to get rather offended at simple things. I think greater transparency and more open communication would help dispel wrong impressions and thus further shooting in Essex.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I used to love going to the Essex AGM it was always a good do...happy people...committee chaired by a great bloke Phil Moss (on here). Always had a good full time. Interestingly they do not put much discussion in on the regional meetings...when I once asked their representative on regional round robin email....why...he said that they were happy with everything that Cpsa did and that their county just want to shoot. (They were a bit more interested in the money that we won for them at the last regional meeting).

Ah well.....we all just want to shoot......and the rest just want to gossip about it. The Chairman of the SE region and the Cpsa director of the SE region are members of Sussex committee. Maybe you could get in contact with them direct to see how to get involved....or what they can do for you in their county. (After the 30 minutes of 'all our yesterday's ' you may get an answer of sorts).

Whoever wants to or is interested .....could offer to go on the Sussex or Essex committees to help....??

Off to shoot....have a nice day.

It was my first AGM which got me wondering what the vehicle that was the meeting could be used for. What sort of things would you want at an AGM?

It seems a number of members were frustrated at small, some might say petty issues that stopped them coming. People seem to get rather offended at simple things. I think greater transparency and more open communication would help dispel wrong impressions and thus further shooting in Essex.
A meeting needs an agenda as you say, didn't and don't see one published, any minutes up on the web or distributed? if not, why?

Again, a forum would be ideal for discussing and arranging things before hand. People don't have the time or resources to schlep off along a 2 mile long rutted track on the off chance they might be able to discuss something interesting! As far as having the AGM at Southdown is concerned ....... It's a far off western corner of the county. Heathfield is about centre of Sussex.

I can see myself getting a name for rocking the boat here! :)  

Surely having a forum would negate the need to go to the AGM in the first place as you would have 'had your say' before and thus not need to make the journey. Also, it might promote the keyboard warrior rather than productive conversation. 

The minutes are up on the website I've found http://sites.cpsa.co.uk/essex/agm. I assume the agenda is in part created by those who contact the board in advance about issues. A lack of contact = a lack of agenda items.

Join the club :laugh:

They won't like it :wink:

They will cwiiiiy and cwry and cry

:wink:

Maybe you could get in contact with them direct to see how to get involved....or what they can do for you in their county. (After the 30 minutes of 'all our yesterday's ' you may get an answer of sorts).

Whoever wants to or is interested .....could offer to go on the Sussex or Essex committees to help....??
I live in Essex and did not attend this years AGM for a number of reasons, and none of them were apathy.

Why are the dates for these county meetings not published 2 or 3 months in advance with reminders regulary posted. The relatively short notice of the February date seems to guarantee a low turnout.

I decided not to attend this year following my last contact with th Essex Committee in 2013

At the end of May 2013 I made contact with the Essex Committee via the website to ask about the then proposed new articles, the initial response was that amzingly they knew nothing about new articles and suggested I contact CPSA HQ. I then had an email from the Essex Committee on June 5th stating that they had just found out that the new articles were being discussed at SE meeting later that day. I do not believe Essex attended and sent a message that they were happy for CPSA to change the articles as Essex was only interested in county matters, ceratin amount of apathy being displayed there I believe!

The member of the committee that sent the email stated that he would do his best to keep me informed, since the 5th June 2013 I have not had any further contact with the Essex Committee.

I understood that county committees are always looking for interested people to get involved, where did I go wrong? I made contact with my county committee, showed an interest in the CPSA but have not heard a word from them in 9 months, perhaps I was asking the wrong questions and was disturbing the status quo. 

I really don't need any more hassle and politics, I get enough of that during a normal working day so I've decided that all I want to do is go shooting, just saying!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as in all aspects of life, there are those that do and those that don't. It's really as simple as that IMHO.

Phil*

Unfortunatly, the just want to shoots will only do that,  

its the want to shoot & manage who will make the changes.  

However there arn't that many of them as you are seeing .

you could look at it two ways,   do you try to engage them, or  do you go over / around them  

been there done that,    so sit on the fence these days

Mart

You have to recognise that if you want to just shoot then you pretty much have to accept that those that do the work will do things their way.

If you don't like it that way then you either have to "Put Up" and get yourself some support or "Shut Up" and live with things how they are!

You have to recognise that if you want to just shoot then you pretty much have to accept that those that do the work will do things their way.

If you don't like it that way then you either have to "Put Up" and get yourself some support or "Shut Up" and live with things how they are!
I agree,

and the third option is to vote with your feet, and avoid whatever/whoever you want and save money for the better comps/grounds.

Latest posts

Back