The Ben Wells Benefit

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zulu Dave

Many of you will know Ben Wells, but for those of you that don't, Ben was a fantastic young shooter in his teens, shooting for England and winning 2 gold medals.  He won Junior Bronze in 2002 at the World Sporting Championships and in the same year was the British Open All Round Junior Champion. 

Unfortunately, on the 24th May 2003 Ben suffered a car crash and broke 3 vertebrae in his neck resulting in paralysis and becoming a full time wheelchair user.   He now runs the useful and informative website English Sporting Clays. 

A few of us are arranging an event to raise funds for Ben to improve his mobility.  The aim is to have sufficient funds to ensure that Ben is able to attend all shoots at all shooting grounds in future.  With this in mind, we are very pleased to announce that a date for The Ben Wells Benefit Ball will be Saturday 3rd of October 2015, at the Brooklands Suite, Whittlebury Hall, Northamptonshire NN12 8QH.  

Tickets to the Smart/Black Tie dinner dance cost £55 per person, and include a 3 course meal and wine. In addition, we have secured a special rate for anyone wishing to stay over, with full use of the fantastic Whittlebury Hall Spa, golf and other facilities.

Raffle tickets will be available around the country leading up to the event, as well as a charity auction on the night, with some truly fabulous prizes from our very generous sponsors.

Spaces are limited to 250 people, so anyone interested in booking should contact Emma Nelson directly on 07904 101501.

We look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible for what should be a fun night with shooting friends, and for a very good cause!

We will continue to update everyone on ShootClay, and on our dedicated Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BenWellsFundraising

For those that haven't made the connection - its BenW on shootclay - also of the brilliantly informative

englishsportingclays.co.uk website! I do hope you can try and support us in one way or another please!

table of 10 booked , im in really looking forward to getting jiggy with emma nelson at this one !!!!!

This is very kind. I'd like to thank David, Emma and to everyone who has donated prizes and already booked tickets.

The response from everybody has been rather overwhelming to say the least.

Life has been a bit of a roller coaster since my injury and would be far tamer and lonelier if I didn't have all the friends I've made through clay shooting.

See you there y'all.

Ben :)

We are in.

Nice table forming.

Lainy, Teepee, Me, Admin and Mrs Admin.

Ben, you're one of the good guys.

Always a smile on the clay ground and an all round top man.

Can't wait to be part of the event.

Another great date in the calendar, me and Mrs Admin are looking forward to dressing up for a night out!

Looking forward to this already, will be a great night out for a very good cause. Get booking folks!

A phenomenal response - thank you to the 100 people that have already booked tickets in the first 24 hours! We have some awesome prizes being donated for our raffle and auction - will be announcing those next week. Thank you everyone :)

Hotel not ready to take bookings....? I've reserved a room on booking.com just in case.

Thanks Jeremy.  There won't be a problem for rooms - have 100 on reserve.  But the incredible response from all your shooting boys and girls has been so quick, that the venue just isn't ready to accept the bookings yet. 

Caught all of us a little off guard with your support!

Hopefully 2 more here, answerphone message left for Emma.

Latest posts

Back