100 Reg Sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
would be nice to get a ground owners veiw point to emmsy the maths meister surely there must be a good reason why they dont lower the price ???? Mork club shoot over 100 entries £10 members 60 birds 7 stands £12 none members £2 pool shoot 10 birds with payback.

i think somewhat you are missing the point.

there are loads of shooters about, that are in there 20s/30s that are on the club shooting scene but not doing registered. look at the average age of the REGULAR reg sporting shooter i bet its probably 50-55 and these are the people who have the most disposable income, look at fitasc and its probably even higher. its the younger generation that need to help to get into the registered shooting, not so much the juniors because a lot shoot as a junior then pack in once they are out of juniors. it needs to be more appealing to the masses and in my opinion that means it needs to be cheaper.
Nope - I don't think I am missing the point - my original suggestion was to 'offset' the cost of joining the association with some reduction to the entry fee for 3 shoots. The barrier to entry might not be the step up from a strawbaler at £20 or £25 plus carts to a registered shoot at £35-£40 plus carts. It might be that people don't see the benefit of joining the association (for whatever reason) JUST to do that, if we offset it - then you might get people hooked on registered shooting.

As I said above - I'd welcome a reduction in the cost of a registered shoot - although I won't trade prize funds, quality or frequency to achieve that. I'm happy with what it currently costs, and I'm happy that ground owners make a profit - that's business.

Lower fees could also be a double edged sword for the ground owners.

If the fee was lower and masses of people turned up, the queing could be long and people would then say i'm not going back there as it takes to long.

As everybody says its all about disposable income, it's never going to be cheap.

yes on a saturday - name me a ground that does well on a saturday...

you cant compare apples with pears here!
So is shooting stuck that much in a rut that we have to shoot on a sunday

Nope - I don't think I am missing the point - my original suggestion was to 'offset' the cost of joining the association with some reduction to the entry fee for 3 shoots. The barrier to entry might not be the step up from a strawbaler at £20 or £25 plus carts to a registered shoot at £35-£40 plus carts. It might be that people don't see the benefit of joining the association (for whatever reason) JUST to do that, if we offset it - then you might get people hooked on registered shooting.

As I said above - I'd welcome a reduction in the cost of a registered shoot - although I won't trade prize funds, quality or frequency to achieve that. I'm happy with what it currently costs, and I'm happy that ground owners make a profit - that's business.
Quite.

At the end of the day my children will not be encouraged to shoot clays on a regular basis. There is no future in it, no sponsorship, no diddly squat. Sorry that is the hard truth of it.

They are better off trying their hand at Golf or something else whereby if they get to any good level they have half a chance of going further.

Obviously I will encourage them to do other country sports, fishing, hunting etc but clays is a waste of time nearly everyone rips the arse out of it!

Glen.

How much do people pay for 100 practice targets at a shooting ground £25-£30,and you are doing the buttons yourself as you amble round.

At a registered shoot you have ref,s etc and a prize pot for £37, or shoot birds only for £32.

If you just want to shoot for fun then is that not what strawbalers are for, fun and no prize pot.

You can shoot for fun(strawbalers) or competative(competition) at least at the registered shoot you have the choice.

At the end of the day my children will not be encouraged to shoot clays on a regular basis. There is no future in it, no sponsorship, no diddly squat. Sorry that is the hard truth of it.

They are better off trying their hand at Golf or something else whereby if they get to any good level they have half a chance of going further.

Obviously I will encourage them to do other country sports, fishing, hunting etc but clays is a waste of time nearly everyone rips the arse out of it!

Glen.
Err.. what about the enjoyment / satisfaction / sense of achievement? To say to your child `only do a sport that you might get rich at` is a bit off..

In any case, you cannot `make` a child enjoy a sport, so you cant make them choose. My 11 year old has nothing but contempt for shooting. Wont even look at it. Equally, I can't enthuse much about football; I just dont see the attraction (apart from World cup). These things float yer boat- or not.

CSC3

I am making the point it is a dying sport! It probably will not be around and probably not even worth the hassle by the time I have children.

Look around you most shooting comps are 55+ where is the masses of the next generation coming from to keep it going?

Where is the incentive?

After the GB fiasco, Olympics, CPSA, Cheaters, Thieves.....etc etc etc they are better off out if anyway?

How many on here have children who shoot regular?

I think there are many on here who have kids don't hear nothing about them shooting regularly though? Why? Not interested? Playstation is better? Too expensive? No incentive?

Shall I go on!???

We all know there is a big difference to doing your local club shoot once a month ....than what most are doing 2 or 3 registered shoots a week .....yeah if they have a very rich mummy and daddy and enjoy it by all means but joe blogs has no chance!

Glen.

Did you see Field Sports Britain when they got some young gamers on there to shoot?

They loved it but do you think they can afford to do it on a regular basis? Not a chance?

Whilst I love what they do and those trying to bring new blood in lets face it unless you have money or earn a very good living then it is going to be hard. Target audience is the rich and the richer.

I mean lets face it I wouldn't be doing it if I was not cheufuer (can't spell) driven around in the Bentley when I return to UK for visits! ;-)

Glen

For clarification Frenchie.........I like profit......the more I make the happier i am because it pays for my shooting..... :D :D

The point here is that those who want to compete will...........and those who want to straw bale will......whether they are a member of a shooting organisation or not.

Competing is not the B all and end all for a lot of people......they just want to plink away and go home to have lunch with the wife and kids (poor sods).....they want it all cheap....and they want it now........and they do not want to be bothered too much by what is happening in the shooting world in general........they do not fill in surveys about the sport .....they do not go to AGM's or get involved in County work.........they could not give a toss about a lead ban until they go to their shop for their cartridge which is no longer sold........then when it is all gone......they turn around and go and play on the pub darts team and moan about the beer................ :D :D

Remember lots of shooters are like darts players.......one in the board, one in the ceiling and one in the barmaids arse :D

Did you see Field Sports Britain when they got some young gamers on there to shoot?

They loved it but do you think they can afford to do it on a regular basis? Not a chance?

Whilst I love what they do and those trying to bring new blood in lets face it unless you have money or earn a very good living then it is going to be hard. Target audience is the rich and the richer.

I mean lets face it I wouldn't be doing it if I was not cheufuer (can't spell) driven around in the Bentley when I return to UK for visits! ;-)

Glen
Rich bitch!! :eek:

., stupid thing is i dont think you do get it.

more shooters turning up would generate the same if not more income for the ground owner, quality wont change, freqency wont change, payout will increase because there will be more of the £5s going in the pot, therefore everybody is onto a winner.

just because it seems ok value to you doesnt mean it is for everyone else. my guess is the ones happy with paying £38 a round of sporting are the ones who have that disposable income to hand.

Latest posts

Back