Which gun, again

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Andy.  I think I met you briefly on the JJ stand at the game fair this year.

I'm actually down Penshurst way next weekend for my wife's sisters birthday so I'll see if I can sneak off to have a look.  I also wanted to go to Chris Potter to have a look at the MXS.

Genuine question as I'm sure you know your P-guns - what makes a used MX12 a potentially better buy than a new MXS ?  I know they are both coil-spring triggers, but not much beyond that if I'm honest.

Anyway, will PM you once I figure out what the arrangements for next weekend are.
Just to jump in.. I don't know MXS to shoot, but it will always be the 2nd rate Perazzi. The MX12 is the defined classic. Maybe only something to consider for resale.

Just to jump in.. I don't know MXS to shoot, but it will always be the 2nd rate Perazzi. The MX12 is the defined classic. Maybe only something to consider for resale.
It's a good point.  Whatever it's merits or otherwise, the MXS doesn't seem very popular - so I do suspect if I bought one new and then wanted to sell within a year I might take a pretty big hit.  Though my main consideration is to find a gun I enjoy shooting rather than worry about depreciation.

It's a good point.  Whatever it's merits or otherwise, the MXS doesn't seem very popular - so I do suspect if I bought one new and then wanted to sell within a year I might take a pretty big hit.  Though my main consideration is to find a gun I enjoy shooting rather than worry about depreciation.
Totally agree with that. If you find a gun you love to shoot it's priceless. But if they feel the same..

Nice one Matt.................Glastonbury eh, or did you manage to stay dry! I think JJ is busy on the 7th? Maybe a bang up on the Sunday locally. Give him a call to see what's available. :clover:  07711 456524

I suspect if you bought ANY 'off the shelf'  gun new and wanted to sell within a year you WILL take a big hit  !

Tried a Blaser F3 at suggestion of an instructor.  Nice trigger but I see why some people comment on the perceived recoil.  Almost certainly because it fitted poorly.  Still, wasn’t on the list anyway

I did manage to get to Chris Potter and had a good look at Perazzi MXS.  Lovely and mounted well but sadly the thickness and radius of the pistol grip put my small hands in a poor position, and the non-adjustable trigger meant that would be a real issue.

I want to try a DT11 before I finally decide

Last edited by a moderator:
Back