New gun time

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s the old discussion about geometry versus how a shooter actually interacts with the sight picture. I would suggest a higher comb is more about seeing the target well than making the gun shoot high, but it will depend on the shooter not looking at the muzzle too hard and indeed learning how the gun shoots.
I should of read this first, great reply Will.

After a lot of research and again checking the fit , I have decided on a Mirouku MK38 .
What is next is whether it will be a trap or Sporter version.

Many thanks for all those who took the time to reply.
A better choice is a Browning 525S, adjustable comb , trap fore end, grade 2 wood but the best thing about it compred to a MK38 is that a decent Influx recoil pad instead of just a hard recoil pad.
Check one out before you buy anything, Miroku sporters tend to be low in the comb, the trap version is a better balanced gun but it's fitted with a pad which does not absorb much recoil.

A better choice is a Browning 525S, adjustable comb , trap fore end, grade 2 wood but the best thing about it compred to a MK38 is that a decent Influx recoil pad instead of just a hard recoil pad.
Check one out before you buy anything, Miroku sporters tend to be low in the comb, the trap version is a better balanced gun but it's fitted with a pad which does not absorb much recoil.
The good thing about the 'Trap' version being fitted with that stupid recoil pad is, you can swap it for an Isis pad of a decent thickness without removing any wood. The 'Sporter' however has longer woodwork and an even worse pad, but that pad is only 15mm thick. Therefore to fit a decent thickness recoil pad, wood has to be removed, unless you can scratch your knee without bending over !

Latest posts

Back