Well - someone has picked a side...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Les, my thoughts are the same.

I am coming under increasing pressure from SWMBO to cease involvement with the CPSA , because I too get exasperated and frustrated at how they manage affairs.

I have it on good authority, according to CPSA released statements that Clive Hames and Joe Kitson have been economical with the truth.

That is according to CPSA Management, and if you don't like that sue them . They are insured for such expenditure according to Mr. Bobbett.

If that is correct , I can find numerous costs for legal representation in the accounts, but I cannot find any record of restitution of said costs by an insurance company  :???:

Insured or not, no matter who may or not be fibbing, litigation should be a measure of last resort in rare and exceptional circumstances.

It should not be a habit.

Les, my thoughts are the same.

I am coming under increasing pressure from SWMBO to cease involvement with the CPSA , because I too get exasperated and frustrated at how they manage affairs.

I have it on good authority, according to CPSA released statements that Clive Hames and Joe Kitson have been economical with the truth.

That is according to CPSA Management, and if you don't like that sue them . They are insured for such expenditure according to Mr. Bobbett.

If that is correct , I can find numerous costs for legal representation in the accounts, but I cannot find any record of restitution of said costs by an insurance company  :???:
Pete, the mere fact that matters get so far is just beyond comprehension. The fact that these things even happen says that something is wrong somewhere! Quite frankly I find it ludicrous that so much of members money is spent on legal fees relating to what amounts to internal matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
shootinguru,

Once again , you are factually incorrect !

Joe has had his health problems over many years , including his MAJOR , which was Kidney failure.

To give people who do not know Joe and his dedication to the sport and CPSA in particular , at his worst time of illness with his kidney, I have known him organise and have dialysis at a shooting ground so that he could compete and not let the side or his Team down.

Recently he has been fighting big 'C' , but obviously this stress as caught up with him and taken its toll on a very poorly man, he's no spring chicken.

Putting all this into context , Joe became a Director to try to improve matters. He is blunt, rude, possibly some think he may be ignorant, but let us not forget he is passionate about clay shooting.

Whilst a Director I doubt he changed a thing or it appears very little has changed.

In summary, let us be reflective, why is CPSA constant around 21,000 members ? Why despite recruitment drives do we not grow?

Simply because possibly we have about 20,000 that just wish to compete and have their scores logged, but literally thousands have about a years membership and think 'this sucks, it is not for me'.

I have received numerous emails this last two weeks from members who have said 'that's it , I will not be renewing' . 

We now have to wait and see.

The thing that annoys me intensely is , we have fabulous County Committees, Regional Committees, and Grounds doing marvellous things and actually running clayshooting only to be hampered and impeded by less than a dozen?

I'm not cpsa registered, nor will I be. If people are going to walk away from the cpsa, there could do to be a different grading system for non cpsa events.  I shoot a few registered shoots and the Essex masters and quite a few of the open shoots at Orston etc, as UC or guest and birds only.

If there was an alternative recognised class grading system to the cpsa that meant we could shoot in class at the game fairs, Essex masters, and all the other countless shoots that are open but still use the cpsa system for class boundaries, the sport would seriously benefit.

I shoot for fun and only shoot birds only as I have basc insurance. If I could shoot in class at open events without being cpsa registered I would pay the extra money to compete, and I'm sure other people would to if there were an alternative option.

Yes Pete, we have some excellent people on county committees, but even some of those guys are now hacked off with things.

Jonny English is only one voice, but there are thousands of others.

Now is the time for an alternative organisation.

Nicola went off to FEDECAT which I admit I know nothing about , but there has to be an alternative to terryanny .

Nicola went off to FEDECAT which I admit I know nothing about , but there has to be an alternative to terryanny .
Nic is also a member of SCTA and BASC, not to mention various others Pete!! The CPSA was never perfect, but we never had the issues that we have now, well not that I remember. Alternative organisation is a nice idea, but who would start it I wonder?

I am CPSA and FFTB  (french one ) and after April I will only be part of the French one, i don't need my scores counting and my money wasting :angry:

I am CPSA and FFTB  (french one ) and after April I will only be part of the French one, i don't need my scores counting and my money wasting :angry:
How come the French one Chubby?

i can go and shoot there for less cost £45 overnight stay,train £30 entry 100 bird Sporting or Fitasc or Compaq for £40 which includes lunch and are all Good Targets not stuff 950 metres away.and by being a member I cannot be refused entry to any of their selection shoot and can buy Cartridges (cheaper) and you don't get all the CPSA bullsh*t :)

It also feels like a holiday even thought it is only 1 night.

The French Selection shoots are always at very nice grounds.

I saw a figure on the internet the other day that said that BASC had over 140,000 members, compared to the CPSA which I belive is in the 20,000's, that is a massive amount.  Its a pity that BASC couldn't run a software system for grounds to enter scores for persons and produce a classification for all the non cpsa shoots.  140,000 people is a big catchment of members. World sporting obviously run an average making software system but the handicap system isn't to everyones taste.

goes to show how many folk shoot and how many compete.

goes to show how many folk shoot and how many compete.
And don't forget Ian......not all CPSA members shoot registered comps! I would guess also that many who shoot clays are not in the CPSA, quite a few I know locally that are not in the CPSA just shoot straw balers.

indeed. There are in reality very few competitive shooters and not likely to ever be many more, membership has been quite static for thirty years that I know of therefore Imo the argument that the cpsa do little to encourage new members is irrelevant as chasing none existent potential members would in reality be a waste of money. Imho

I am s simple man, I have no interest in politics, I have little interest in anything that happens outside my gate. Comps get sorted scores get reg classes are worked out (not that I am bothered) pull mag gets delivered. I do not personally expect any more so happy to pay my subs and let those that are interested do there thing. If they fall out or end up spending some cpsa dosh on legal fees I ain't that concerned or interested.

I am if nothing else a very honest man and that's my feelings on the whole cpsa debate and I suspect the majority of the members.

And don't forget Ian......not all CPSA members shoot registered comps! I would guess also that many who shoot clays are not in the CPSA, quite a few I know locally that are not in the CPSA just shoot straw balers.
Based on the CPSA yearly review  https://www.cpsa.co.uk/userfiles/file/2015AnnualReview.pdf  out of the total membership 7801 members shot a registered event in 2015 although only 3361 members registered more than 1000 registered targets (5580 members shot more than 500 registered targets).

Interestingly one number missing from the '2015 in numbers' section is the total number of members (I assume it is down on 2014 and they thought it best not to broadcast that one? )

According to a survey in Pull magazine 92% of survey responders are happy with the way the CPSA is run (nobody on here filled it in then except maybe IPS?) and 96.6% 'are likely' to renew their membership!

Well that's alright then

DT

Based on the CPSA yearly review  https://www.cpsa.co.uk/userfiles/file/2015AnnualReview.pdf  out of the total membership 7801 members shot a registered event in 2015 although only 3361 members registered more than 1000 registered targets (5580 members shot more than 500 registered targets).

Interestingly one number missing from the '2015 in numbers' section is the total number of members (I assume it is down on 2014 and they thought it best not to broadcast that one? )

According to a survey in Pull magazine 92% of survey responders are happy with the way the CPSA is run (nobody on here filled it in then?) and 96.6% 'are likely' to renew their membership!

Well that's alright then

DT
Interesting figures there Greg, thanks for the info! Raises a few questions I guess! I will now do an ips list !

1) How many people actually responded to the PULL survey?

2) If 7801 members shot registered shoots, how come so few, out of what I would think is a membership of over 20,000? 

3) No membership numbers for the year set against previous years?

4) Did more people shoot registered shoots in 2015 than in previous years?

5) "Likely to renew" is not the same as "will renew" is it? In other words it's not definite is it?

Strange stuff going on these days!!!! 

I did a web scrape of results off the CPSA site and came up with about 5000 active competitive shooters, not exactly a big pool.

Again, If we spent 50k plus on the database for 5000 active competition users ............

I did a web scrape of results off the CPSA site and came up with about 5000 active competitive shooters, not exactly a big pool.

Again, If we spent 50k plus on the database for 5000 active competition users ............
Mmmmm, curious stuff indeed! 

Back