Podimore Saved

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosso

[*]Coaching

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

[*]Practice
[*]Subscribe
[*]Bookshop
[*]Crowd Funding

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

[*]Competitions
[*]Contact Us
HomeNewsFeatures- Christmas Gifts- Events- ReviewsCoaching- Send our experts your questions- Ask the Experts- Skeet- Sporting- TrapPracticeSubscribeBookshopCrowd Funding- Login- Register- Profile- Start Campaign- Terms & ConditionsCompetitionsContact Us

Home › News › BREAKING: Podimore Shooting Ground saved from closure
BREAKING: Podimore Shooting Ground saved from closure

Posted on August 21, 2015 by Huw Hopkins  — No Comments ↓

Double Barrelled photographer Don Brunt has taken over Podimore Shooting Ground after Clay Shooting revealed last week that it was closing with the relocation of Kevin Newton.

Don said that he is “thrilled” at the opportunity.

He has built up experience at Kingweston Shooting Ground this year running shoots and hopes to still hold a handful of events at the ground next summer, but his focus will shift to Podimore, which will retain its opening hours.

He said: “I’m still buzzing. I know it has its problems with Saturday opening hours, but we will try to work around that.”

Don is expected to keep up his journalistic and photography work at events when possible but admitted that the shooting ground might take up more of his time. He will make further announcements on the Kingweston Facebook page.

Please note that Clay Shooting magazine sent the September edition to the printers before this news took place, and will feature a story about Podimore closing.
‹ FITASC not laughing at FEDECAT’s Fan32 “joke”

Tagged with: closuredon bruntdouble barrelledkingwestonphotographypodimoreShooting Ground
Posted in News

Great news!

I visit Somerset regularly (the place I stay at is only 6 miles from podimore) and I went there only just this week. Nice selection of targets and friendly staff. 

Nice to see Don taking it on. 

There won't be any skeet, skeet layouts gone, toilet block is gone, all the traps gone, kitchen untensils gone? ghost town. whats happening?

We badly need more clay shootings grounds in the South West. Let us  shooters support Podimore, we  have a lot to gain from it.

stop putting the ground down  even before it re- opens let us be positive

Nobody is putting the ground down just stating facts! I think that what I wrote is positive.

Nothing new to report only first registered planned early oct 

I was told from the horses mouth hope it all goes well we badly  need 

grounds and decent targets in our area 

I think the issue you have had in the South West as now hopefully moved away to Eastern Europe. Give Don Brunt all the encouragement you can, but remember he is not running a charity.

Rather than knock the fact that the ground is a 'ghost town' get your backside down there and help to move the 'tumble weed' .

Why was the Skeet layout and toilet block demolished if it was being sold as a going concern ?

I think Cyril's 'ghost town' description referred to the day before a certain person went east and the equipment was being hauled away by an Slovenian lorry. It doesn't look like that any more.

Back