Well - someone has picked a side...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just looked that up.  Its on 19th March at 2pm at Chesford Grange Hotel, Near Warwick.

Neither the Chairman's nor the Directors' reports mention the increase in legal and professional fees from £6,386 up to £35,330 or why this is yet choose to highlight the expenditure on the CRM system and various other things. 

On your last point, totally unfair and I do not support what they have done and I offered money to help his cause. I also agree as stated in one of my posts that it's about time the shooting press reported on these things thus giving a totally clueless body of people a chance to be proactive if they want to.  We hear all the time from more "in the know" people that we have got what we deserve and they are tired of basically warning us but I don't see any of them taking the lead.  You can blame the masses all you like but lots will not have access to relevant information.  

Im sure plenty of regions have had run ins but like I said until you act as one nothing will change.  

When you think about it who needs who in this relationship.
Sian

I did not intend to be personal or critical of you and I'm sorry if you felt that it did.  I should have looked back and seen your support to help his cause.  :oops:

I just looked that up.  Its on 19th March at 2pm at Chesford Grange Hotel, Near Warwick.

Neither the Chairman's nor the Directors' reports mention the increase in legal and professional fees from £6,386 up to £35,330 or why this is yet choose to highlight the expenditure on the CRM system and various other things. 

Sian

I did not intend to be personal or critical of you and I'm sorry if you felt that it did.  I should have looked back and seen your support to help his cause.  :oops:
No offence taken Robert.  

Fine words! Heard it all before! Nicola was going to kick ass? gave up, I warned her. forget it and get on and shoot!

No! She believes she is! she won't get results, only be classed as a sh*t stirrer!

Last edited by a moderator:
No! She believes she is! she won't get results, only be classed as a sh*t stirrer!
Without people like Nicola, harrying them when they deserve it,who knows it all from the inside, having been a director and also having been an international GBR shot, nobody would be much the wiser about how poor the board of directors are at the running of the Association and how badly they deal with awkward questions from the members, deal with disputes etc.

It is an Association for the members for goodness sake - who do they think they are banning a life member for a year for asking questions and copying in interested parties.

It's not really the members' fault if articles no association, rules, procedures and such like are inappropriately changed because they don't vote against that change. I think it's entirely normal for members of any association or club to simply trust those running it to do so in a proper manner. When faced with sets of AGM proposals that speak in legalese my own eyes tend to glaze over, I'm sure I'm not alone. When I'm faced with a set of accounts I tend to assume that the Treasurer knows his or her job and has discharged it in a proper fashion. Lazy, sure, but that doesn't make it my fault.

It is this entirely reasonable trust and assumption that allows things to go wrong, but It's actually not my fault when they do. It seems apparent in this case that those members who have indeed questioned things, challenged anomalies, tried to get at facts instead of summaries, and acted in precisely the way that probably we should all act are not only onto a loser, but they end up suspended, in court, or perceiving little alternative but to resign. That really is, on the surface, unhealthy. Non-declared interest is unhealthy. A club finding itself needing insurance money or paying out legal fees is unhealthy - those could be avoided with the due care that a member may rely on being exercised in the club's management.

This "stirring", this persistent challenging, the arguments, they are all symptoms of a deeper problem. Any collection of twenty-odd thousand people is bound to have more than a few who won't just keep quiet, and indeed if that person is on a national, regional or county committee it really is their duty to be aware of what goes on and why.

There have been references on this thread and elsewhere to the history of it all. I'm not privy to that because I'm a newcomer, I haven't been around long enough to have absorbed it all, and most of it is spoken of in terms that imply we all know about it anyway. I don't. But what I have seen over the past couple of days coupled with the generally low standing of the CPSA with its membership does rather trouble me.

No comment from those that could clarify, only this business about the use of social media, which smacks to me of the relieved response of someone who feels he's found a cast-iron excuse for not responding meaningfully. 

I would be interested to see if they shoot and what class they are in.
Is the parrot a member? We could put him forward as a candidate for chairman. So if he got the job and everyone said "who's a pretty boy then?". We could save a fortune in legal fees!

Is the parrot a member? We could put him forward as a candidate for chairman. So if he got the job and everyone said "who's a pretty boy then?". We could save a fortune in legal fees!
He kinda says "poofter, poofy boy, and fatty, " a lot, so not a lot worse than the bunch on the board now. Could cost a lot in legal fees still no change there.

image.jpeg

Yes! Your photo and CPSA no is stapled to the toilet door!
If I ever meet you I'm going to staple it to your Arse

Was the 30k+ well spent? did it give the members value for money

The answer to that  i would surmise is a resounding no!

Surely then there is a case to answer for wasting our funds on  somthing that was neither wanted or required by the members?

:santa:  

Whoa your Reindeer Santa  ! What is this £30K you are on about? 

I am still trying to get my head around £50K in 2010 , £40K in legal fees for Clive Hames, £52,200 for an inaccurate database ,£103,447 Debtors????

Average salaries in excess of £31K  (and remember the highest paid allegedly cannot do emails or answer letters),£89K on IT, £18K on General Office expenses (Earl Grey?)

£35,330 Legal fees, Bank charges of £22K ( Remember we have £1.5 Million income from subscriptions??).

We really do have an Association that could do with a good clear out.

Whoa your Reindeer Santa  ! What is this £30K you are on about? 

I am still trying to get my head around £50K in 2010 , £40K in legal fees for Clive Hames, £52,200 for an inaccurate database ,£103,447 Debtors????

Average salaries in excess of £31K  (and remember the highest paid allegedly cannot do emails or answer letters),£89K on IT, £18K on General Office expenses (Earl Grey?)

£35,330 Legal fees, Bank charges of £22K ( Remember we have £1.5 Million income from subscriptions??).

We really do have an Association that could do with a good clear out.
It was the 40k legal fees bit, I was being conservative ;)

Didnt know about the other equally large figures ..  eek  comes to mind. 

Not good at all

:santa:   :(

You may be right but she certainly raises awareness, so many read her post which can only be a good thing, i bet them upstairs dread her letters.

I'm really no expert at this and to be honest not the full facts lof the situation or read tge articles. But  from the posts here and comments in other places (theres no smoke withiut fire is there? Perspective ) something is wrong.  

I believe that the directors are there to as representatives of the share holders. In this case the members. The chairman is a nominated as a lead director who again is dutybound to ensure the company is run properly for the benefit of the shareholders. In the letter attributed to Joe kitson it ssys he was told that he should not be there for the members but the company. To me this seems wrong and should be questioned.  

The CEO is an employee of the company who makes the day to day decisions and with his team  sets up and run a company in a manner that is acceptable to the Directors. Prob not easy if the basic understanding of the role of a Director is not understood

If the Directors and chairman aren't sure of their responsibilities. It needs to be made clear at the AGM and told to FOCUS. If they won't or can't they should be voted off or gracefully resign. 

If the Directors and chairman aren't sure of their responsibilities. It needs to be made clear at the AGM and told to FOCUS. If they won't or can't they should be voted off or gracefully resign. 
The members did effectively vote the Chairman off a few years back, by voting for someone else, but the then SW region director resigned and the "chairman" stood to be SW director and was unopposed so he got back in and the new chairman promptly resigned so the chairman who had been voted off got back in!  All above board under the Articles as they stand but should they be like that?

It does need people to stand in opposition and be electable, to make change happen!

Back