Well - someone has picked a side...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a couple of extra days on the world sporting now... All goes in the coffers!

" Right it's the AGM today, we'd better ban Clive Hames in case he ask's awkward questions, I've checked and the Lovatt's  are  too busy to come and ask awkward questions, Harris is money grabbing as usual so he won't be here,most of the members can't be bothered to attend, they only want to go shooting so let's get the AGM over with and then have a slap up meal at the members expense"

Today is a wonderful opportunity to change how the CPSA is run.

I don't want politics    I  JUST WANNA  SHOOT! do you hear me?   (For the average CPSA member.)

Yep you're right Cyril, most do just want to shoot, the powers that be know that too. I just want to shoot too, that's why I won't renew my cpsa membership this year.

Ahh.... but they haven't reckoned on Nicola being there!! Her FB page suggests she will be in attendance!! Watch out CPSA

DT

Ok  it seems to me that one side is calling  black and the other white.  

So, who do we believe? 

What stands out for me and me is that issues are not confined to one person or party. They keep coming up and have done several times in the past. 

This makes me worry about what's going on. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What other organisation does anyone know who publishes this sort of information?  Most would not dignify the matter by writing  for a response for further public discussion and debate!  They might write to the magazine privately seeking their side of the story to be published or to request a retraction.  They might comment at the AGM for the record in the minutes.  If they think they were right to discipline Hames then there should be no need to comment further as they won the case and the appeal was dismissed so why dig a bigger hole by trying to justify themselves.

Personally I don't think that they should have opened the can of worms in the first place by disciplining Hames.  They should have told him it was all legal and above board and to stop pestering them.  If he persisted then they would be within their rights to say take us to court or shut up and to respond to Companies House and the Law Society if he complained to those organisations setting out that he was just be a nuisance and his queries had been dealt with.

It will be interesting to see what happens at the AGM

In a similsr vein. My initial thoughts were along the line of; Thou doest protest too much..  

What other organisation does anyone know who publishes this sort of information?  Most would not dignify the matter by writing  for a response for further public discussion and debate!  They might write to the magazine privately seeking their side of the story to be published or to request a retraction.  They might comment at the AGM for the record in the minutes.  If they think they were right to discipline Hames then there should be no need to comment further as they won the case and the appeal was dismissed so why dig a bigger hole by trying to justify themselves.

Personally I don't think that they should have opened the can of worms in the first place by disciplining Hames.  They should have told him it was all legal and above board and to stop pestering them.  If he persisted then they would be within their rights to say take us to court or shut up and to respond to Companies House and the Law Society if he complained to those organisations setting out that he was just be a nuisance and his queries had been dealt with.

It will be interesting to see what happens at the AGM
Sorry not takeing side's but it's a bit wrong if you do wrong if you don't with regard to keeping members informed or not. Haveing said that I think the buck should stay at the top and we know where that is. If somebody is not able to keep a team together perhaps they should ask some questions of themselves.

I really admire whoever thought up the idea of publishing something on the internet an then telling people they don't want it published.

Outstanding.

I sent Nicola a message on Facebook to see if she had anything to report about it but I don't think I'm on her friends list!

I am sure your on everyone's friends list Robert

Back