Well - someone has picked a side...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loads of the members are obviously not very active and perhaps just do straw balers and small club shoots or maybe even just enjoy the insurance and have no desire to shoot competitions.  I daresay some just want to be able to own a shotgun and hold a shotgun licence.

Loads of the members are obviously not very active and perhaps just do straw balers and small club shoots or maybe even just enjoy the insurance and have no desire to shoot competitions.  I daresay some just want to be able to own a shotgun and hold a shotgun licence.
I think you are probably right Robert!  I often wonder these days why people bother with the CPSA if they don't want to shoot comps. Let's face it, one can get insurance and shooting magazines from many sources. If all the non competition shooters decided not to renew this year, I wonder how long the CPSA would survive for? I also wonder what the response from HQ would be? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting figures there Greg, thanks for the info! Raises a few questions I guess! I will now do an ips list !

1) How many people actually responded to the PULL survey?

2) If 7801 members shot registered shoots, how come so few, out of what I would think is a membership of over 20,000? 

3) No membership numbers for the year set against previous years?

4) Did more people shoot registered shoots in 2015 than in previous years?

5) "Likely to renew" is not the same as "will renew" is it? In other words it's not definite is it?

Strange stuff going on these days!!!! 
1) I suspect not very many

2) 30 % isn't bad.

3) see my comment above!

4) number that shot registered shoots was up by 0.56% but strangely the number of registered scores submitted was up by 4.04% (so those that do shoot were shooting more often)

5) True dat!

I f*ckin love statistics :)

DT

I think you are probably right Robert!  I often wonder these days why people bother with the CPSA if they don't want to shoot comps. Let's face it, one can get insurance and shooting magazines from many sources. If all the non competition shooters decided not to renew this year, I wonder how long the CPSA would survive for? I also wonder what the response from HQ would be? 
They probably sue them all for gross misconduct :)

DT

I think it may have been Benjamin Disraeli who coined the phrase, statistics and damn lies.. .. or maybe something similar? Possibly re quoted by Mark Twain? In plain English and to quote my learned friend ips.....Bollox. In other words we are being fed what we are told we need to know! I will not say by whom......i simply cannot afford the legal fees....

I think it may have been Benjamin Disraeli who coined the phrase, statistics and damn lies.. .. or maybe something similar? Possibly re quoted by Mark Twain? In plain English and to quote my learned friend ips.....Bollox. In other words we are being fed what we are told we need to know! I will not say by whom......i simply cannot afford the legal fees....
Get insured. The word on the street says that's what it's there for !! ;)

The saying is;-  there's lies, dam lies and Statistics.

Back