Hornet FITASC Sporting - 25th/26th Jan

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
Just back from a pretty tough day at the office - we had all the forecasted wind and rain over 4 layouts of FSP.

Started on the Bank layout - nothing silly here, a flat g/a bird which turned into a quick crosser that was tough on the eyes, and a super charged bunny up the hill which bounced like a wallaby some times.  18 here, which I'm pleased with given my tendancy to start badly. Maybe Frosties are the answer. 

Then onto the Club House parcours - which was the most exposed to the wind. Struggled with an eyesight test of a curling Orange clay which I really struggled to pick up, and a quick flat crosser which turned into a quick flat quartering bird... from peg one I decimated it, then struggled all the way round the other two pegs. Finished on 14 - but to be honest was just glad to be back in the dry.

Third layout was two towers, which was the absolute worst of the weather, stiff, cold wind and plenty of horizontal wet stuff - with a nice curling incomer which became a nice crosser over the trees, and a distant right to left crosser which was fairly lengthy from later pegs. There was a quick going away bird, which I was well pleased to hit from peg three first barrel, and then cocked it up in the doubles! Finished on another 18 here. 

Finaly layout for us was the Pen - which had some nice creative birds on it - a tough overhead curler, and floppy curler over the trees which looked unmissable from peg 2 but became a tricky crow from peg 3. The platform peg 2 gave us the trade mark fast crossing midi that Kev puts on there, which I didn't find in three attempt (singles or doubles).  Finished with another 18 which was a couple light for some silly mistakes.

So - 68 for me, not terrible given the Mordor conditions out there.  Saw a few SC members there - Steve Scott Smith, Gav B and MadMatt - decent day, despite the weather. 

Edit - should also add the that new clubhouse was excellent today, lovely and toasty, and a chance to get dry in between layouts - catering was excellent as ever, including an excellent steak sammich between layouts 3 and 4. 

Last edited by a moderator:
From GavB's review (merging)

well that could of gone a lot better!

Shot all four layouts in driven wind and rain, the only blue sky i saw was when getting in to the car for the journey home.

a few targets had to be spot shot due to rain covered specs.

The Pen layout on top of the tower was an experience i`d rather not go through again. 

The last layout I was last man standing which was a first for me and the ref! and this particular layout spoiled what could of been a half

decent score (for me)considering the conditions.

That was definitely the worst weather i have shot in, in my short shooting career.

on the positive, we had a good laugh on the way round and always good to catch up with fellow Fitascers also I now know that i need a

quality set of waterproofs  ;)

The targets were varied as usual and judging by the scores yesterday were all hittable, i think a 96 was posted yesterday.

There were still a couple of squads to go out when I left so it will be interesting to see if anyone is near to yesterdays top score.

Jamie Harding shot 89, didn't see anyone else coming close to that. I reckon today was shot around 15% harder than yesterday.

We'll shot Jamie would be nice to know the difference in scores between classes on each day. How did you finish Matt

Managed an 82 Gav, 21, 21, 21, 19, not too bad considering, I would definitely say there would be at least 5 to 8 clays difference across the classes over the two days on average.

Latest posts

Back