Slightly different topic

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone would like to prove or in fact disprove my point, I am willing to be *sponsored financially* next year, a misely £8,000 to do all the England and GB FITASC & Compak selection shoots, also covers hotels, entries and a few practice rounds. I reckon I stand a very good chance of team selection.

It is in Cpsa and as they are all part of the ICTSC same rules apply. Example is Elena Allen OSK. (Russian now married to a Welsh man).......just won a Bronze in Lima Peru.
Sorry Nicola , I didn't realise the WCTSA had to follow the same rules . My mistake

If anyone would like to prove or in fact disprove my point, I am willing to be *sponsored financially* next year, a misely £8,000 to do all the England and GB FITASC & Compak selection shoots, also covers hotels, entries and a few practice rounds. I reckon I stand a very good chance of team selection.
No chance....that is a game day....!!

Just a question I have wondered about before having grown up in Wales, parents still living there and being English really.   Is it because you live there that you can shoot for Wales?
yes sian born and bred an Englishman but lived in wales all my life, love the people, love the country, even like their rugby team, but just not quite as much as Englands   :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Sorry Nicola , I didn't realise the WCTSA had to follow the same rules . My mistake
I am only guessing Bryan.....but only way to explain Elena and also the Spaniard who shoots DTL for England (Tomas). It is written in the Cpsa rules...but not seen the Welsh rules.

yes sian born and bred an Englishman but lived in wales all my life, love the people, love the country, even like their rugby team, but just not quite as much as Englands   :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:
God's country :) I always support Wales in the Rugby could never do any different.

Has anyone ever worked out how much it costs to do the selection shoots and the majors in a given discipline. I been doing em for years but am sacred to even think about it. BUT there is nothing i would rather do, after my wife and daughter i live for shooting. End of.

I don't. Not having a go at you Matt, but your scores are no where near good enough to make the GB FITASC squad, (at the moment, i.e., 22 points at Kegworth)you would have to raise your game (that's not to say you couldn't do it). 2k of your own cash will be enough to shoot the 4 GB qualifiers and some practice, just depends how much you'd want it...but I think your statement "...if you have the cash you will probably make the team..." is off the mark. If you've got the cash and the talent...then maybe...

I am only guessing Bryan.....but only way to explain Elena and also the Spaniard who shoots DTL for England (Tomas). It is written in the Cpsa rules...but not seen the Welsh rules.
Welsh rules only mention residency and blood. Maybe Elena lived here long enough or they couldn't do without her :)

Ian breaks down roughly like this:

2 day shoot (150 targets)

Entry £102

Accomodation (2 nights) £80 and does not include ANY meals

Food £40 to £50 for 2 nights, breakfast and lunch at the ground

Cartridges £50

Fuel £70 on average

£390 to £400 would cover it

1 day shoot (100 targets)

Entry £67

Accomodation (1 night) £40 no meals

Food £25 to £35

Cartridges £35

Fuel £70

£225 to £250

no disrespect to anybody but if you think money will get you a team place your half way to not getting one ,there are some well off and not so well off and some juniors who could and will shoot for the senior team

The wctsa rules are , there are no rules. They make it up as they go. It's run by a few for the few ! If you guys think the cpsa is run badly think yourselfs lucky your not under the welsh version

You have to be Welsh or married to a Welsh man living in Wales.....and 3 years from having shot for another country....
...just in brief.
Best to see rule book....think if parents or gparents are welsh you also qualify.
But for GBR badge you have to be the best of all 4 home countries to qualify for a cap.
sorry Nic you are not invisible although I don't doubt you are a ninja just must have scrolled on too far and missed your post.

Matt has a point there are many good shooters who either can't afford or can't be bothered all teams are based on the best who turned up on the day. Fact.

This is however as it should be as everyone gets a chance. Not many other sports are as "open" as ours.
good point ian, but history will only mention those who were chosen, :biggrin:    and not those who could not afford to, or not be bothered to!!! :fie:

Martin Myers and graham stirzaker were shooting at weston park last weekend, the same weekend as the sporting home international In Ireland. Is it they can't be bothered or the cost of the trip or the goodies to pick up at the fair ?
what do you think??????????????

what about the talent tut tut you missed that bit out :slow:

Back