Slightly different topic

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.wctsa.co.uk/Sites/wctsa.co.uk/upload/file/membership%20form%202013.pdf

Your eligible to shoot for Wales if you have lived in Wales for 3 yrs
Thanks - looking at the form it does not make it clear if you have to be currently living there (I suspect you do) or whether it is historical. hark at me as if seriously considering trying out! Not yet anyway. I would feel a stronger pull towards shooting for Wales but quite frankly I would find it a tremendous honour to shoot for England or Wales.

Go for it , let nothing hold you back , and with a name like Sian you automatically qualify :)

would love to shoot for my county - let alone country, nowhere near good enought yet but i'm determined i'll get there one day, just gotta keep pluggin away, you should never feel embarrassed about any achievement, it's what it means to you not others, be your own person and keep pulling that trigger.

Thanks - looking at the form it does not make it clear if you have to be currently living there (I suspect you do) or whether it is historical. hark at me as if seriously considering trying out! Not yet anyway. I would feel a stronger pull towards shooting for Wales but quite frankly I would find it a tremendous honour to shoot for England or Wales.

You do not have to live in Wales to shoot for wales

I'm awaiting clarification on the residency rule Will , now that your here perhaps you can explain it

You have to have grandparents/ parents who are welsh,even if you ( the shooter) were born in England or live in England you would then be able to choose who you shot for. We have had a Scotsman shooting in the welsh sporting team for a few years as he's lived in Wales for about 10 years though the rule is 3years. Martin Myers is now shooting for England after many years of shooting for Wales, again I believe it's 3 years to change allegiances.
Bizarrely the last time I shot for the county you had to live in it. Somebody I know got thrown out of the county team cos he moved half a mile over the border into England. He was asked to stand down after being born in Wales and living there for 30 years. Very odd

... the overiding consenus at shoots is, if you have the cash you will probably make the team, and the team is NOT the strongest we could pick, double whammy right there.
Bullsh*t!!! You don't walk into the GB FITASC team with a big wallet and no talent!!! You'e shot some GB qualifiers Matt, how many did you shoot a qualifying score in?

The consensus suggests this, I only shot selection shoots that were either 100 targets on 1 day or close enough not to have to hotel it for 2 nights, means I only got to shoot 2 selection shoots. obviously you need a bit of talent to put in a qualifying score but if you can afford to do all the shoots properly then you increase your chances, and that is fact, it may not apply to every single shooter but it certainly is the 'feeling' on the ground. You cannot argue that we pick the strongest team, I can name 5 shooters that do not shoot for Team GB, at least 3 of them are capable of winning the entire shoot on their own.

I am by no means trying to lessen the achievements of anyone who has made the team, but it does help if you can afford to do them all, this year we did all the England selection shoots as they were all 1 dayers and 100 targets.

Matt has a point there are many good shooters who either can't afford or can't be bothered all teams are based on the best who turned up on the day. Fact.

This is however as it should be as everyone gets a chance. Not many other sports are as "open" as ours.

Martin Myers and graham stirzaker were shooting at weston park last weekend, the same weekend as the sporting home international
In Ireland. Is it they can't be bothered or the cost of the trip or the goodies to pick up at the fair ?

I said the things about qualifying for countries (including marrying a resident)...... But I must still be in ninja mode...?????

Matt you are right on the money (excuse the pun) but to get to the top in this sport as any other you need a shed load of money talent and time practice makes perfect and just before anyone thinks otherwise then ask the big guns if any say otherwise they are talking nonsense :prankster:

It is in Cpsa and as they are all part of the ICTSC same rules apply. Example is Elena Allen OSK. (Russian now married to a Welsh man).......just won a Bronze in Lima Peru.

I ain't mentioning names but i know two people who have shot for Wales who don't live there so i assume they have some hereditary connection with Wales. Seems weird. I remember years ago we used to have the Dtl war of the roses shoot every year lancs v yorks it was always were you lived then early 90s they changed it to were you were born i had shot for lancs for years then all of a sudden had to shoot for my birthplace of yorks. :)

I never shot it again it didnt seem right to shoot against my lancs club mates

I said the things about qualifying for countries (including marrying a resident)...... But I must still be in ninja mode...?????
Ninja is an anagram for woman and before you reply Nicola I must make you aware no one will see it :spiteful:

Latest posts

Back