Skeet Vest

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cawdor118

Hi team, I'm on the prowel for a new skeet vest and must admit I have looked at most on the market. I really like the Hull Cartridge version but they never seem to have any stock of them. Does anyone know who makes them on their behalf? I could potentially go direct? Cheers 👍🏻

They currently seem to have two models.
Are you referring to the deluxe version, or to the light weight version?

Croots made the old premium version for Hull, but not sure if they also make the current deluxe version.
Looking at the price, I don’t think the light weight version is made by Croots.

Thank you for the reply, I had tried Croots in the past but they say they don't have the skills or templates anymore so can't make anymore. Confusing indeed.

I tend to agree on the lightweight version, croots don't do anything for less than £100 😂

The search continues!

Take a look at the shooterking website in the clearance section, limited sizes left available but very well made and greatly reduced if the required size matches

Take a look at the shooterking website in the clearance section, limited sizes left available but very well made and greatly reduced if the required size matches
In fairness, they are good quality. Just wish the "Shooterking" logo was smaller... same with Castellani. Thanks 👍🏻

The Castellani logo on mine was huge and instantly got the snip. I have to say, a cartridge pouch worn on my belt has made all skeet vests redundant for me. So much more flexibility with clothing when using a pouch. Very handy on a changeable day.

I used a pouch for a long time - found it great until the imbalance of weight ended up giving me hip pain for a few days after a long day out - great for club shoots where you can refuel & manage on 50 or so at a time. My vote would be to try one of the Musto vests. I appreciate you are after a Hull one but I have found the Musto vest to be great and long lasting.

I used a pouch for a long time - found it great until the imbalance of weight ended up giving me hip pain for a few days after a long day out - great for club shoots where you can refuel & manage on 50 or so at a time. My vote would be to try one of the Musto vests. I appreciate you are after a Hull one but I have found the Musto vest to be great and long lasting.
50? Never had more than 30 in mine and then only briefly. It’s a pocket, not a camels hump 😀

Last edited:
In fairness, they are good quality. Just wish the "Shooterking" logo was smaller... same with Castellani. Thanks 👍🏻
Get a black sharpie pen and gently go over the shooter king logo, the fabric absorbs the ink and tones down the writing especially if it's light coloured.
Have done this on my CG vest also to dull down the red/silver name. My feeling is if they want me to advertise the bleedin product they should make it cheaper to buy
Although the CG was a very good price considering it's made by Castellani and was on offer at Coleys :)

Look at the ones on decathlon. I have a range bag from there and the quality is superb. Cheap as too.
Jasper.
I have a Decathlon shooting vest and I can’t fault it and like you say the cost doesn’t break the bank either

Kojak

Thanks all and @charliethey look the very ticket. However, I'm still keen on the mesh Hull Delux style. Shame I couldn't get one with no massive branding! The clay vest market is very limited with choice.

If you want a mesh vest, check out the Browning Classic or the Seeland mesh vest. Search skeet vests on Fleabay where most of the current vests are shown. Just one word of warning, if ordering off tinternet, go and check your size in relation to which vest you choose. I have had to return a Castellani and a Seeland vest due to sizing being all to c**k. I have just ordered a Deerhunter vest, I take an XL. The Deerhunter needs to be XXL to fit a 44" chest ??

I just bought a mesh Seeland vest this week, I ordered an 2XL from PhIip Morris & Son which according to the size chart is for a 44" chest and it's a very good fit for me :D

Latest posts

Back