Release Triggers

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thot that Salopian guy had already taken up the Expert Vestiments

personally I don't expect to ever get past the "pert" level.

Expert = X is an unknown quantity. Spurt= a Drip under pressure = Xspurt.

Well I must be the Xspurt as I just got fooooking eliminated again ....bollhoooookiiis.

Not shooting lessons! but if you want lessons on target setting, designing layouts etc., running a competition or any other aspect of sporting shooting I'm your man :crazy:

I also can help you dealing with wannabees and village idiots! there are plenty in shooting. :fie:

When I ran a shooting ground and we used ANY trap where a trapper was involved I felt that we were duty bound to make sure any accidental discharge did NOT reach the trapper. However, yes, the trap house did get peppered with monotonous regularity, but not by anyone using a release trigger. I think it a bit simplistic to condem all release trigger mechanism's and their users on the actions of one person. Yes, I have seen the results of shotgun shootings, some accidental and some not, I have also been on the receiving end of one or two shotgun discharges, twice in the same day, by the same person, but that, it would appear is one of the risks of Game Shooting. What it has done is to make me more determined to educate as many shooters as I possibly can, by structured advice and Instruction both on the clay range and in the field rather than out and out condemnation.

Last edited by a moderator:
The basic safety rule for ALL shooting is: keep the finger off the trigger unless you plan NOW on shooting something! I just saw pictures of Vincent Hancock shooting the PSCA premier event in the US with his finger on the trigger before mounting. If it was a IPSC pistol event, he would of been DQed!  I read a report about Accidental Discharges, a few years back. Number one AD is an armed forces personnel, number two is an armed police officer, number three armed security guard, number four the skeet/trapt shooter! As we know that the insurance industry will do anything to get good money as per risk factor. Did you know that the lowest insurance rate for a sport in North America is not golf or bowling but organised pistol shooting! Number two is organised shooting. They are the two safest sports to be involved with!

Henry

Westley, just how many people shot release triggers on your ground?  My main concern is on sporting/fitasc sporting layouts! :fie:

Last edited by a moderator:
5 pages.....when we have already done this to death on another thread.....amazing

Cyril,

It appears that you are perhaps the biggest objector to release triggers on the grounds of safety and negligence.

So for you and anyone else who doesn't understand.

It is not guns that are dangerous, it is people.

If you have a stupid person they will have an accident with any mechanism be it SxS, O/U, Semi, Pump, single , double, or release trigger.

RELEASE TRIGGERS Cannot cause a gun to accidentally discharge  " Go off "  unless the gun is (a) loaded, ( B) in the possession of someone who doesn't understand the operation of a release trigger, © The trigger has to be 'Pulled'  AND then released.

NOW  We should not tamper with any gun we do not have permission and guidance how to use, we should not load it until in the 'ready'  'firing' position , the hoop or the cage , we should never put our finger on a trigger until we wish to fire it , and with a release trigger we will not release it until we are pointing it in a safe direction at something we wish to shoot at. So actually a loaded release trigger is safer than a normal trigger as it will not discharge until released ( SECOND ACTION) where as a standard trigger discharges on first pull ( FIRST ACTION).

SO please do not discriminate against Release Triggers, discriminate against idiots. 

THE END

I've got £20.00 that says they will be banned in the next 2 years on "safety"  grounds?

Latest posts

Back