Release Triggers

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am waiting for the day the Elf and Safety Exec gets hold of this baby! then the poop will hit the fan and then where will it end?

Yes FITASC Sporting bans release triggers and to placate some Euro countries has banned pump shotguns!

Henry

Shame for anyone who needs one !

I Have never heard of any accident at a clay ground due to release trigger ? So one what grounds ?

I'll go back to where I came in on this one - I shot with one of the very top FITASC Sporting shooters in the country, who is also a good course setter.

He used a Release Trigger all day - and no-one would have noticed had he not warned each ref during the day.  He exercised the same control and safety measures you would expect anyone with a shotgun to use.

Shotguns aren't dangerous. Idiots are dangerous. 

Well, I have seen an idiot with a release trigger blow the rendering off a trap house in this country, the traphouse had a white flyer DTL/ABT tap in there a month before with a trapper putting the clays on the arm but luckily had an auto trap fitted  when this happened.

In the States when I was working on shoots, another doddery old git on a sporting layout fired into the ground right in front of the squad and showered everyone with gravel and sh*te!

If you want to shoot on a squad on fitasc with idiots with release triggers feel free to do so, I hope its not your leg or guts that gets the blast when it happens! we get enough bad publicity  frequently! we don't need any more. :fie:

Well, I have seen an idiot with a release trigger blow the rendering off a trap house in this country, the traphouse had a white flyer DTL/ABT tap in there a month before with a trapper putting the clays on the arm but luckily had an auto trap fitted when this happened.

In the States when I was working on shoots, another doddery old git on a sporting layout fired into the ground right in front of the squad and showered everyone with gravel and sh*te!

If you want to shoot on a squad on fitasc with idiots with release triggers feel free to do so, I hope its not your leg or guts that gets the blast when it happens! we get enough bad publicity frequently! we don't need any more. :fie:
What is the rationale that brings you to the conclusion that because someone needs/uses a release trigger it defines them as a idiot.i myself do not favour semi auto or pump action but do not class those that do as idiots.surely the release trigger is no different to many modifications made to all things in life so as to allow those with a handicap to compete at the same level as others.or should those who are unfortunate enough to develop such problems just bow out of shooting.

I have no roblems with autosor pump actions because that what they were built as!  I have no problems with modifications to shotguns such as after market chokes, recoil pads, high vis foresights etc., because non of the poses any dangers to other shoots!

All of the "shooters" I have seen using release triggers were doddery old idiots that had shot 1000's of heavy loads over their lifetime and developed a serious flinch and were unable to cure it?

I suffered from flinching about 10 years ago and changed from a 425 to a perazzi mx12 supersport (heavier) and stepped down to 24 grammes and I seldom suffer at all now!

Hahah 'Guru' -  "doddery old idiots"... the person I know won his Category at the British Open Sporting last year.... far from doddery!

How did you do? 

Most of the release trigger shooting that is done at our ground is by shooters who are in their prime and going for England Team places - not a doddery old fool in sight!

And to be honest - if a release trigger enabled a doddery old fool to continue their hobby and passion then what is the problem? Anybody that wants to shoot should be encouraged and modifications made to help that.

If Gervais wrote Guru into his next sitcom you'd say it was too surreal and unlike real life.

Well, I have seen an idiot with a release trigger blow the rendering off a trap house in this country, the traphouse had a white flyer DTL/ABT tap in there a month before with a trapper putting the clays on the arm but luckily had an auto trap fitted when this happened.

If you want to shoot on a squad on fitasc with idiots with release triggers feel free to do so, I hope its not your leg or guts that gets the blast when it happens! we get enough bad publicity frequently! we don't need any more. :fie:
So on the basis of 'you have seen someone accidentaly disscharge a release trigger' they should be banned. So on the same basis if anyone has ever done the same with a normal trigger, that's ok then, or should we ban those also?

I have witnessed trap house shot roof shot floor shot but none were release triggers and not all were old not all were idiots not all were dodery. If i ever become an old dodery idiot i will shoot at jules place. Just saying.

Well Julesy, I hope that you never witness someone shot with a shotgun! The flesh is blown away and there is no repair.

Hamster, you can take the urine as much as you want! I am thick skinned after working with idiots on shooting grounds.

Johnny English, I bet you would mess your pants if someone shot the ground around your feet!

CharlesP,    Definately!

Ips, shoot where you like, as long as its not on a fitasc sporting squad with me!

No fear of that guru i don't even know what fitasc is :)

For the record i have never had a premature release :)

I have seen a top OT shot discharge before calling for his target, it makes a wonderful cloud of concrete dust on the trench top, and he was shooting a standard trigger set at that.

My Krieghoff  had the allen screw to enable the "safety" to be locked off - which I did. Take that as a given, why would you want a "safety" on a CLAY shotgun at all. We NEVER load before entering the firing position, we always ensure the gun is UNLOADED before leaving the firing position, and of course you could not lose a target for having your "safety" accidentally on.

We all know of course a "safety" is not what it is, it's not failsafe, it does not stop the hammer falling onto the pin were you to drop your gun or in some other scenario.  

Phil*

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no roblems with autosor pump actions because that what they were built as!  I have no problems with modifications to shotguns such as after market chokes, recoil pads, high vis foresights etc., because non of the poses any dangers to other shoots!

All of the "shooters" I have seen using release triggers were doddery old idiots that had shot 1000's of heavy loads over their lifetime and developed a serious flinch and were unable to cure it?

I suffered from flinching about 10 years ago and changed from a 425 to a perazzi mx12 supersport (heavier) and stepped down to 24 grammes and I seldom suffer at all now!

YEOW!!  You really have some issues.  Have you considered some form of counseling?  You really should.  Your potential for violent behavior seems quite high and what with being around guns ................

just sayin'

I had to edit this since I'm a doddery old idiot 

Oh, and I have a couple release triggers

and now I know to avoid fitasc - lucky break there, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonko, its just the "EXPERTS"  (3 months shooting experience) that pi**es me off!

Know all!  Done all! but in reality done F/A. :fie:   

Back