DT11 trigger shoe

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walter

Has anyone changed their DT11 standard trigger shoe for a right or left hand shoe ,or another shoe ?, just wondering what difference there is ?

I expect there is for the Dt11 - the 694 has triggers that swap out with 686 etc and they come in LH slants.

It stops the tendency to pull the edge of the trigger and for the money I would suggest a swap. The finger sits more naturally across the blade (not edge) and the trigger can be moved forward so it sits sits on the finger pad not the joint allowing for more consistency. in my view fussing about trigger pulls is irrelevant if the trigger sits in the finger joint.

Both my 694 & 686 have the LH Units.

Just need to find one for the F3.

Did you feel any difference?, is there an angle on the shoe / blade ?
The blade is canted to the left so my finger fits comfortably on it. I find on a RH trigger blade a sharp edge on the left hand side such as fitted to my 687. With one of these I have used a fine file to reprofile the edge to lose the sharpness, making it basically ambidextrous.

Good idea from Phil there.

Not sure its the same on the DT11 but on the 680 series the blade can be removed by pushing it forward when pulling the trigger - the angle is enough to provide the extra room to free it from the assembly. It's an odd and fiddly process. It might be easier to work on when separated and in a vice.

Good idea from Phil there.

Not sure its the same on the DT11 but on the 680 series the blade can be removed by pushing it forward when pulling the trigger - the angle is enough to provide the extra room to free it from the assembly. It's an odd and fiddly process. It might be easier to work on when separated and in a vice.
Not all 68x series have an adjustable/removable trigger. For instance my 1989 687 has a fixed trigger blade.

Most are fixed (such as SP1) - with adjustable on 682 (Gold & Gold E etc) and some 687s. I can't be sure of some of the EELL specs.

Beretta do (maybe now its did) sell a kit to convert the standard trigger to adjustable so I had that fitted on my 686E. It was £120 (plus a gunsmith hour to fit) or so but that was 10 years ago.

I've replaced the triggers on a 692 and DT11 for right handed versions, on the 692 for reasons of finish (i think it had a silver trigger originally, which I replaced for a black one) and then on the DT11 because I wanted to be sure to keep everything in line with what I am used to. It is a bit fiddly, but can be done without taking the trigger group apart. If I recall correctly there is a small detent ball in the trigger, which I think I had to swap over to the new trigger. Best be mindful as it is small and hard to find when dropped. Or so I've heard :whistle:

Also, you may want to put a drop of thread loctite on the trigger screw, as they can work loose, as once happened on my 692. Pink loctite would suffice: That's 222 if you can find it. Blue (242/243) also works but is intended for bigger threads.

Back