Release Triggers

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Release triggers can be single or double release.  Personally I can't see me using a double release and I don't know how anyone does to tell the truth, so much wasted motion.  I went to release/pull for the simple reason that it is the fastest way to shoot two barrels - not that I'm/was so fast anyway.  BUT it for me was a straightforward decision based only on that.  

over and out

Charlie

Timps,

Most people who use Release Triggers actually have what may be a psyschological disorder that is easily described as a fear of pulling the trigger. The release mechanism aids this and once the first shot has taken place, the report / recoil overrides other events and they are able to operate the trigger for the second shot normally . There is a variation available that is Pull , release, pull, release. But these are some what rarer.

Sal/Peter, Don't even think of lecturing me on any part of Fitasc sporting! Had I not been eating my dinner I would have told you that there are single release triggers and double release triggers and semi autos with release triggers! The double release triggers are the most favoured by sporting/fitasc shooters in the USA.

I saw my first release trigger in the U.K. in 1967 a trapshooter was using it at the old Blandford &Dorchester Gun Club and I was not impressed! most users of release triggers are older shooters who have shot many of thousands of shells in their lifetime and now have to pay the consiquences.

My final post on the subject!

Do they still run trains.never found the need myself.did they manage to salvage his release trigger hammer gun. ;)
Apparently, if he didn't shoot an MX8 and have his release trigger mechanism in his hand, fiddling about with it like you do, he would probably not have exited through the wrong door! His mind was obviously distracted by it's confusion. The moral of the story is removable release triggers will kill you eventually. Still, another wrong'un taken out of the gene pool!!   :sarcastic:

Cyril,

I would never dream of lecturing you, it would be a total waste of my time and breath.

Plus I have only been shooting two months.

I knew it, your a newbie aren't you.

I will never listen to you again Pete

Peter, I would never question your ability as an instructor, please don't question my ability as a fitasc presenter/organiser.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point les.

At least we cant be blamed this time :)

I have never shot the sporting form that has you spinning 180 degrees like some kind of a whirling dervish. But if it entails swinging your loaded piece through an arc that may have a human in its line, then it ought to be banned on safety grounds, no matter what configuration the trigger set is.

The End.

Phil*

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never shot the sporting form that has you spinning 180 degrees like some kind of a whirling dervish. But if it entails swinging your loaded piece through an arc that may have a human in its line, then it ought to be banned on safety grounds, no matter what configuration of trigger set is.

The End.

Phil*
I dont think they are supposed to swing the gun in a direction of people.i think it is because there seem to be a lot of doddery old idiots taking part who just can't remember what they are meant to do.

. atb

Actually peeps.....in the real old style Fitasc there was actually a lot of dancing and ducking to be fair. It was always explained before the birds were shown...exactly how and when the rest of the squad had to duck ..or move from side to side.

But several on here maybe did not know that. So i cannot have you attacking Siiireeeyl....when he actually states a true point.

However...he is wrong on release triggers...just saying.. :wink: I will support their use until i pop my clogs...true story :wink:

Actually peeps.....in the real old style Fitasc there was actually a lot of dancing and ducking to be fair. It was always explained before the birds were shown...exactly how and when the rest of the squad had to duck ..or move from side to side.

But several on here maybe did not know that. So i cannot have you attacking Siiireeeyl....when he actually states a true point.

However...he is wrong on release triggers...just saying.. :wink: I will support their use until i pop my clogs...true story :wink:
I would hope that none of my posts would be taken as attacks on anyone.i have my views but would like most of my comments to be taken in the jovial manner they were meant.

Don't worry Boston it was just a general comment not specific.....just about the dancing and ducking point :wink:

Siiiireeyl is not happy unless he is being attacked by someone :laugh: that is why I send Nursey in. :wink: but when he is compusmente and actually right on a point .....I have to say so.

Back