PigeonWatch forums

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found Admin's in general are awkward to deal with , usually married to French partners , so they lose all sense of negotiation and diplomatic skills .🤣🤣🤣🤣
Ah, yes - and  quick as well  to the threat of banning    :getlost:   It's amazing how quick to take offense and respond with some sort of aggression  some delicate flowers are.  Likely akin to a redheaded wife of Irish descent.  :giverose:

FWIW having an admin that does nothing can be an unfortunate situation as well.  I have recently abandoned visiting a forum that I've been a member of for near 20 years thanks to the unfettered slimeballs that are dedicated to soiling EVERY thread!  And I've recently been banned from trapshooters.com for the 2nd or 3rd time for slagging the ATA wimpy game.  I'm trying to feel bad about both of those happenings but somehow I just can't squeeze out a tear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlie,

I'm glad it's not just me with American forums . They will not have a bad word said about Krieghoffs . Is there a shrine at Ottesville ?????

While we are on the subject , why do Krieghoffs have two piece firing pins , what is the reason please ? Never been able to get a sensible answer or a reason.

I have also been banned from Trapshooters. The first time for posting a link to one of my videos, after being asked to do so, the second time for asking why I was banned. 

Which was nice.

i too was banned from pigeon watch if they do not like anything they go left wing on you but guess what i did not lose a seconds sleep😭 i also heard it is very common

fe7af561c9d41f75888fa81abdaeae09.jpg

I quite like Pigeon Watch but it does seem very stiff upper lip and humourless sometimes by a few of the regulars. Good for info though. 

This gaff seems much less formal and stiff. I reckon I’ll prefer it here. 

Charlie,

I'm glad it's not just me with American forums . They will not have a bad word said about Krieghoffs . Is there a shrine at Ottesville ?????

While we are on the subject , why do Krieghoffs have two piece firing pins , what is the reason please ? Never been able to get a sensible answer or a reason.
Peter,

Yes, well, I know you've been active at the one site I mentioned for many years and your posts were often not all that respectful of the 'Mercan Way.  I'm not sure how many others may have enjoyed them but they always worked for me regardless IIRC.  Now it seems that assholiness is the default setting and that's OK w/ the admin so long as he likes(?) it.  I've had posts deleted there for relatively (I thot) innocuous comments --- I guess I'll let that go at that.

OTOH the Krieghoff thing comes from them being monstrously heavy and ponderous, the perfect tool for the benchrest style trap that ATA has come to be.  A sad commentary on both the gun and the game.  They are as well incredibly ugly in that singular Teutonic way and may so appeal to the near overwhelming American lack of any aesthetic sensibility.  And FWIW Perazzi has (had at any rate) two-piece firing pins as well.  Something to do with impact resistance and wear/erosion rates.  The term "overkill" comes to mind.

HTH

AND.....................a very Happy and Healthy  New Year to you both.  Why not just fit Miroku pins....................JOB DONE    !    ☺️

In defence of PW, I have had some remarkable game days through their Forums. These have resulted in my meeting a heck of a lot of very nice and Sporting people with like minded interests, some of whom, I like to think,  have become life long friends.

I've not been to PW for a long time - and yet if it wasn't for Matt's generosity in running this excellent forum in spite of having given up shooting himself we would be somewhat limited for a place to exchange ideas and wicked thoughts.

I find pigeon watch members slightly easier to wind up than shootclay members.

And Facebook sites are even worse.

Back