HPX Perazzi review.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still don't get it mate. If your right then why not use a trap gun with high comb ?

if its all about peripheral vision why not use a high rib ?

I am not knocking it or saying anything derogatory I just cant get my tiny brain around it.
​Ok Ian, think about it this way. You are looking down the rib of your posh, highly engraved trap gun, you are seeing enough rib for say 80/20 pattern placement. If you could then shove a wedge between the muzzle end of your rib and the muzzle, while still seeing the same rib picture, the muzzles would be lower and shoot flatter for the same amount if rib seen.

aagh now I get it :)

​BUT how is that supposed to benefit me. ?

As above if its vision then why not use a high rib or is vision even better because of ?

cant get my tiny brain around it.
And there's your problem :)

I think Will has finally been able to explain the concept in a simple enough way for me to get (I think) but still not totally sure how it achieves it?

As Les said above high comb and lots of visible rib ( "to remove the clutter" as Will put it) but the gun still shoots where you put the bead. Increased visibility around the barrels (a bit like a proper high rib) but without having the girder :)

Has anyone tried one on trap targets yet?

DT

aagh now I get it :)

​BUT how is that supposed to benefit me. ?

As above if its vision then why not use a high rib or is vision even better because of ?
​I presume its a vision thing mate! The same applies with Krieghoff pro rib guns, you can alter the set up to see shed loads of rib whilst having the gun shoot fairly flat still. Its all done with different size rib wedges and barrel hangers. Trap special rib has a wheel adjuster, so no wedges.

Tis all a bit techno for a luddite like me :)

My 33" RSR (the less extreme version) weighs 8lb 4oz all in and that includes a long stock. It was designed by JJ to that weight.

Barrels are ribless and weigh 1.55 kg. They even have tight bores for fibre game shells.

I also agree with Will about JJ triggers. They make other guns feel agricultural. 

And there's your problem :)

I think Will has finally been able to explain the concept in a simple enough way for me to get (I think) but still not totally sure how it achieves it?

As Les said above high comb and lots of visible rib ( "to remove the clutter" as Will put it) but the gun still shoots where you put the bead. Increased visibility around the barrels (a bit like a proper high rib) but without having the girder :)

Has anyone tried one on trap targets yet?

DT
​Ive shot some ut at bisley with my 33" rsr and it handled beautifully, 91 first time out so long barrels do work on trap targets!

Ian, Les, and Greg pretty much got to it - nothing new and BFD.

When the winning OT shooters are into it then maybe we can see an honest fad assignment.  right now it still has to rank as a gimmick.  JEEZ - I really hate repeating myself so this is the absolute last of the HOX oooops HPX for me

A great review and absolutely mirrored my own experience with the JJ's DSR demo gun, there is a moment where one's brain says 'this ain't going to work' and then the target breaks, you reload and do it again not quite believing the result.   JJ is a thoroughly decent chap, knows his stuff and a pleasure to spend time with too.

I was so impressed that I placed an order for a 33" DSR/fixed choke on the MX12 action a few months ago and received a phone call last night to say that it's in the country and the 1st fitting session will be next week, fabulous!

A great review and absolutely mirrored my own experience with the JJ's DSR demo gun, there is a moment where one's brain says 'this ain't going to work' and then the target breaks, you reload and do it again not quite believing the result.   JJ is a thoroughly decent chap, knows his stuff and a pleasure to spend time with too.

I was so impressed that I placed an order for a 33" DSR/fixed choke on the MX12 action a few months ago and received a phone call last night to say that it's in the country and the 1st fitting session will be next week, fabulous!
​Good luck, I really hope you do well wth it!

Hammy, in answer to your original question I have a set of 33" barrels on my HPX and they weigh exactly 1.62kg, just what is stamped on the tubes themselves. My gun is the standard STR model and has a slightly raised top rib and a ventilated mid-rib. It also has the brass blade as a fore-sight. I love Perazzis and this model is no exception

Just checked the barrel weight of my HPX DSR 34" 1.68 kg 

HAHAHAHA

SOME OF YOU ARE SO FUNNY!!!

Sorta reminds me of the WTF are high ribs all about?? discussions

besta luck with whatever

​Good luck, I really hope you do well wth it!
​Thanks!  I'm so looking forward to another year of Newgunitis! :bye:

And the barrel weight of my existing 33" SR1 Sporter is stamped as 1610grms, when cleaning the gun the barrels always strike me as remarkably lightweight given their length and that they are manufactured from steel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got home from Dave Peckham's Shoreham Compak. Had the DSR for a month and shot my first 25 straight........well happy ;)

Latest posts

Back