Perazzi mx2000s recoil reduction

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
agree, but it doesnt normally stop there, when shortened  ..ahh yes thats comfortable, but now the cast /drop is wrong , it really most times is just more economical to get another stock that you can "fettle" to your hearts content or as has been said get a new stock made to fit if monies are available to spend.
Indeed... For me, it’s just too early to start chopping wood. I only get to shoot twice a month and as my license still hasn’t come through (18 weeks to date) I’m still shooting 75-100 at a time with instructors accompanying. To date I’ve shot less than 1500 cartridges, which for some is one month or even one week supply.

Also, the Browning isn’t likely to be shot by myself too often (really, I got it for my son) and the F16, whilst I do like the gun very much, it might not be my last (F3 is beckoning). 

So, until I have my license and the guns can actually be in my possession, I have shot a few thousand cartridges through the F16, got my mount to be consistent and had a proper gun fit so I actually know by how much and which bit needs to be altered; bits of foam, 3D printed parts and electrical tape are cheap and reversible modifications in the mean time. 

two years on mine is still covered in pvc tape etc, it works  . and like a lot I only do maybes 150 a month , would be nice to do more but life is busy eh.

I used a PFS stock for over a decade and it beats any other system (meant for recoil reduction), good pads, even thick ones, can only do so much, the benefit of a system such as the PFS is that they compress under recoil whilst keeping the comb static. This subtle difference between this and other similar systems offered mainly in the US is critical. 

The other advantage of the PFS is that it is a stand alone stock meaning the original stock can be stored without any cutting. The disadvantage is the funny looks/remarks that will follow you around. You MUST make sure that you set the fit to your liking and requirements and then leave alone and shoot until you gel with it. The compression too is adjustable so you can set it to your liking. 

Used ones can be had for less than £600 which I think is fantastic value.
Like Hamster says.

I had a PFS for a while on a 682 just to see what they were like.  The one that I had was an early one and the more recent versions are improved in a number of ways I understand.  Not that I didn't like it, I just decided that the recoil thingie which worked fine was not something I needed so I flipped it and got the first TSK (w/out recoil thingie).  If you can come up with a junk wood stock there are a couple folks here in the US that will chop off the grip section and adapt it to the PFS mechanism.  Lends an element of Kool to the gun.

Funny one this. A recoil pad helps absorb some of the recoil, but if you have poor gun fit, it is more likely that the recoil force us going through your comb into your face.  A recoil pad wont help with that.  I'd have a word with a good gunsmith to check your fit.

I had a most beautiful Perazzi SC3. Seemed to fit like a glove, but the low heel meant the recoil travelled up into my cheek. I fitted 2 different pads to it only to sell it in as I couldn't finish a 100 birder due to cheek bruising.

One if those pads was the green pad and it did nothing to help. No fault of that pad, on my other gun, an mk38 trap, it worked a treat.

Check your gun fit first.

Thanks to all for the massive response. Bought a complete stock system fitted with Gracoil fully adjustable L.O.P, and comb. Sorted my issue out, well pleased.

Back