Porting and Recoil

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not seen a porting post on here so apologies if it's been done.

Can anyone advise me of a before and after experience regarding having barrels ported to reduce felt recoil.

Does barrel porting reduce recoil?

Any thoughts on will it devalue gun.

I don't really want to get into gun fit, gun weight, shells, and all the normal recoil stuff as it's been done to death on here and I'll get the blame for it. I'v done all that.

Starting to get a bit of neck ache.
Well me old mate, if you only just started getting a neck ache and you are still using the same gun and shells as prior to the neck issue, it may be that you are mounting it differently! Just a thought! I only say this because it happened to me a long while back. Andy Perkins a ball trap shooter who used to instruct at Holland & Holland sorted things for me! He watched me shoot a few shots and told me that I was mounting the gun much lower that I used to mount it, mounted higher......problem solved! OK it may not be like that in your case of course......you may just be turning into a crotchety old git like me!!!  :laugh:

Rosso,

Are you certain that your pain in the neck has nothing to do with that bird ?

I too am suffering neck and shoulder pains, nothing to do with Tweetie-Pie there I hasten to add, more an old war wound. This has led to my being unable to use my Miroku and having to use my Beretta 303 auto, which comes in around 1 1/4lbs lighter.

Well checked the gun stock pitch,32" barrel, 2". Put washers under butt pad . Less than 2mm gap at one end to reduce pitch to 1".

Just not worth doing it for 2mm, a different jacket, shirt, jumper and the difference is gone any way.

Put it back as it was.

Went out yesterday shot at 100 hard targets at Southdown, no neck ache.

So must have pulled something / slept awkward (no disgusting suggestions from the liberated woman on here), done something other than shooting.

Back