new gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

i have a new gun 👀   xs pro 30"   it weighs 8.2oz    i shot it sunday at kegworth  using f blues        monday  i had neck ache  and a head ache  felt like a hangover !!   do you think the gun is heavy enough ?   i am a fat lump  and other guns have been fine  but they were 8.6 oz plus   !!    my mate commented sunday  that the recoil at my shoulder looked fierce    but while shooting it felt ok . ?     any thoughts  ?    

I’d focus on the neck-ache cause first. If this is new then you may be contorting yourself a bit to make it fit? A few ounces lighter than normal won’t help recoil but it shouldn’t be night and day. Look at gun fit, especially pitch and comb height. 

Also Ant if it is too light you could load it up front and back with the weights that come with it!
to be honest i have the barrel weights on and just the threaded bar in the stock  and its 8.2oz ,  should i load the weights in the stock ? would the balance be ruined ?   i do like the gun and shot ok sunday  but gary commented on the recoil looking fierce   although shooting it felt fine !    orston friday  last chance saloon  ! 

I'd start with gun fit as anything over 8lbs is plenty enough weight with 28g shells.

If the pitch angle is wrong for you physique, the gun will react more because it won't be fully seated in your shoulder. Chris Childerhouse shoots XS Pro and there's virtually no muzzle jump.

My XS Pro lasted 3 months, a couple of shooting pals also got rid in a similar period of time. One now has a 694, the other a Blaser F3 and myself, back to my ProSport.  I can not say what was wrong, for me, in the XS Pro, but I just couldn't get on with it. I think the stocks shape and dimensions had a lot to do with it, a bit like my MK38 sporter really. I found the grip a bit slim, but also the comb was a bit narrow. For ME, I think Browning got it right with the ProSports stock, just wish it was 1/2 lbs lighter.

i am simply trying to help the shooting economy    🤣 
And you are winning  !  😄

Another vote for gunfit . If it’s got all the adjustable bits , get it set up by someone who knows what they are doing whilst you are shooting at targets . Then throw the Allen keys in the nearest drain 🤣

My XS Pro lasted 3 months, a couple of shooting pals also got rid in a similar period of time. One now has a 694, the other a Blaser F3 and myself, back to my ProSport.  I can not say what was wrong, for me, in the XS Pro, but I just couldn't get on with it. I think the stocks shape and dimensions had a lot to do with it, a bit like my MK38 sporter really. I found the grip a bit slim, but also the comb was a bit narrow. For ME, I think Browning got it right with the ProSports stock, just wish it was 1/2 lbs lighter.

no chance  going round in circles  more like !!!

For me it is exactly the other way around. a Prosport stock is too much wood for me. I like the XS pro stock much better.

Had a Exquisite 2, (prosport with engraving) had to put weight in the back of that to stop it being front heavy. What's yours like with weights on the barrel and nothing in the stock. 

Latest posts

Back