Any opinions on new gun please. 725 vs 692

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can find what you want secondhand then do so. You will save a huge amount. The £2.5k gun new is only worth £1.8k six weeks later as a trade in.
I certainly would if I could find what I wanted up here, but choice is limited, with not much choice in the 'good' second-hand market and a long way to travel between what few gunshops there are!

Each to there own but I always buy new I just like the feeling of buying brand new stuff. Only ever bought one used gun but it had shot less than 500. No denying what has been said regarding depreciation but only if you chop in early, keep for 7 yr or so and you won't lose much if anything.

If you can find what you want secondhand then do so. You will save a huge amount. The £2.5k gun new is only worth £1.8k six weeks later as a trade in.
Don't you mean the next day Ian ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I certainly would if I could find what I wanted up here, but choice is limited, with not much choice in the 'good' second-hand market and a long way to travel between what few gunshops there are!
Most gun shops would gladly send a gun up north to your local dealer for you to look at. Get yourself on gun trader, find what you want and give them a call to ask if it is possible. I think you will be pleasantly surprised

Mmm, I've checked and there's 6 725 Black Ed's for sale. 1 is used but it's a L/H. All of the others are brand new. The thing is the used one is only £300 cheaper, if that's the case, thinking I'd just get a new one :good:

I love my Browning 725 S1 the 32" barrels are brilliant, back bored at 18.7mm. Invector DS chokes are spot on, so there's need to buy different makes of chokes to try to enhance the pattern. but go for the gun that feels best for you, either are well respected, and keep there value second hand. Fibre wads are just as good as plastic through my Browning, slightly more open pattern with fibre, but not enough to notice in my opinion.

Thanks all. I was going to most likely buy the Browning today but had a slight car problem so didn't manage to get there, but it gave me time to think and also heed some advice here about checking out the Guerinis which I did a lot of reading about and they seem to be getting very good reviews from shooters generally. I also spoke with Mike at Anglo Italian who was a thoroughly nice bloke who is most definitely there to assist and stand behind their products so I'm now adding that to the list. The shop has a CG Summit sporter and Magnus Sporter in stock so will definitely be checking them out and the beginning of the week along with the 725.

Ended up with the Beretta after all, travelled a bit further away but I was able to compare quite a number of different guns, several different Browning, Guerinis and Berettas but I just kind of fell in love with with this 692, felt 'right' - although there was no option of a trial but hopefully we'll get on fine. Had a lovely bit of timber too.

post-3197-0-87147900-1416940019.jpg

Attachments

• 2014-11-25 18.15.32.jpg
    2014-11-25 18.15.32.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, the chap in the shop said it was the best stock he'd seen on a 692 , ( probably says the same to everyone!) but was certainly nicer than the other 3 he had. Picture doesn't really do it justice!

Remind me never to invite you to a party. :)
Sorry, I really do hope everything is ok, my brother has one ( bought new) it's been back to GMK twice in 3 months, also a friend at the club turned up with a new one 2 weeks ago ( that was also stunning), I noticed this week he was shooting a game gun, when I asked where the new gun was , the answer, gone back to GMK, it jammed on a pheasant shoot in the week and he couldn't open it

Sorry, I really do hope everything is ok, my brother has one ( bought new) it's been back to GMK twice in 3 months, also a friend at the club turned up with a new one 2 weeks ago ( that was also stunning), I noticed this week he was shooting a game gun, when I asked where the new gun was , the answer, gone back to GMK, it jammed on a pheasant shoot in the week and he couldn't open it
i had that same problem with my 692 and the top lever sticking

but that does look a stunning gun, i hope you have many years of happy shooting with it 

they really are a nice gun

Hopefully it'll be fine! They cant all be bad! :)
No your dead right there , have noticed a lot of people shooting them lately, it's the luck of the draw it seems,

I wish you well with it, please keep us informed on how you go with it

Back