Finally found some time

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
30" or 32" ?  Also what year did the change happen in terms of lower case to upper? 

Was there any differnces between th older and newer models? 

Initial look, they are pretty thin on the ground ?
Just go down to Malmo and mount some guns bud honestly its the best thing you can do. I was looking at the silver pigeon at first then walked into Malmo and put a deposit on a miroku - the silver pigeon just didn't feel right at all. Im not the most experienced on here but you know the gun feels right when you mount it. i wouldn't bother looking around the web and getting your hopes up on a certain gun as it might not be right for you. get down there shoot some clays try a few different guns and make a decision. hopefully you will walk out happy and bankrupt haha

Welcome to the forum anyway. I forgot to mention that at the start  :D

Just go down to Malmo and mount some guns bud honestly its the best thing you can do. I was looking at the silver pigeon at first then walked into Malmo and put a deposit on a miroku - the silver pigeon just didn't feel right at all. Im not the most experienced on here but you know the gun feels right when you mount it. i wouldn't bother looking around the web and getting your hopes up on a certain gun as it might not be right for you. get down there shoot some clays try a few different guns and make a decision. hopefully you will walk out happy and bankrupt haha

Welcome to the forum anyway. I forgot to mention that at the start  :D
I know mate, your right and I will do that. Just wanted to make sure I don't end up with something below par or not fit for purpose. I've always asked the advice of others in areas I  know little about, never been afraid to ask, as other ask for my expertise in the field I work in. Always good to do ??

Thanks  again for all your advice on this will keep you updated.

I know mate, your right and I will do that. Just wanted to make sure I don't end up with something below par or not fit for purpose. I've always asked the advice of others in areas I  know little about, never been afraid to ask, as other ask for my expertise in the field I work in. Always good to do ??

Thanks  again for all your advice on this will keep you updated.
Don't worried about it mate i asked every question under the sun ?

Don't worried about it mate i asked every question under the sun ?
I KNOW, I am still 'shell shocked'  !      :blink:

Cheers mate, I must look through your old posts ?
Could I suggest that you go to Malmo by all means BUT, the Northern Shooting Show is next weekend at Harrogate. Apart from a reasonable day out, it may give you the chance to 'handle' a lot of guns at 1 location. Obviously you will not be able to try them (you may shoot one of the bloomin dogs getting dragged around), but you could have a better idea of what you are looking for. Remember though, all guns of the same make and model may not 'feel' the same when you handle them. Use the experience to create a shortlist and go from there. (Just leave the cheque book at home !)  The Postcode given for the event is  HG2 8NZ, Yorkshire Event Centre at Harrogate. There is a website www.northernshootingshow.co.uk.

I KNOW, I am still 'shell shocked'  !      :blink:

Could I suggest that you go to Malmo by all means BUT, the Northern Shooting Show is next weekend at Harrogate. Apart from a reasonable day out, it may give you the chance to 'handle' a lot of guns at 1 location. Obviously you will not be able to try them (you may shoot one of the bloomin dogs getting dragged around), but you could have a better idea of what you are looking for. Remember though, all guns of the same make and model may not 'feel' the same when you handle them. Use the experience to create a shortlist and go from there. (Just leave the cheque book at home !)  The Postcode given for the event is  HG2 8NZ, Yorkshire Event Centre at Harrogate. There is a website www.northernshootingshow.co.uk.
That's great, thanks for the info on the show, could be a good idea ? 

in reality I don't want to rush it, but then again, I have to start somewhere, as Holianl (had to read that username twice there mate)   Get down to the gun shop, shoulder some guns and get stuck in.

30" or 32" ?  Also what year did the change happen in terms of lower case to upper? 

Was there any differnces between th older and newer models? 

Initial look, they are pretty thin on the ground ?
Being a girlie, mines a 28" barrel.  Worked OK for me but I've stepped up to 30" for my forever gun.  28" is often considered as great for skeet (they move quickly) but not very popular for sporting these days.

To be honest, barrel length doesn't make that much difference.  If you go for 30" or 32" you'll be able to sell them again easy enough.

As for not being many about, looks like there are plenty on guntrader:

https://www.guntrader.uk/Guns-For-Sale/results/8202-9604-83ca-01be?page=3

Including a few at Malmo Guns.

Being a girlie, mines a 28" barrel.  Worked OK for me but I've stepped up to 30" for my forever gun.  28" is often considered as great for skeet (they move quickly) but not very popular for sporting these days.

To be honest, barrel length doesn't make that much difference.  If you go for 30" or 32" you'll be able to sell them again easy enough.

As for not being many about, looks like there are plenty on guntrader:

https://www.guntrader.uk/Guns-For-Sale/results/8202-9604-83ca-01be?page=3

Including a few at Malmo Guns.
Gotcha ?

Looked on guntrader, but narrowed the search area to northwest and midlands, but as you noted, malmo do have one.

i think the best plan is to go with an open mind to what fits on the day and not what I want,  as a good fit will do me better on the range than a nice looking gun that doesn't fit. That's my thought on it anyway ?

Back